Ford Anglia 106e (LHD) Estate

Post pictures and stories about your cars both present and past. Also post up "blogs" on your restoration projects - the more pictures the better! Note: blog-type threads often get few replies, but are often read by many members, and provide interest and motivation to other enthusiasts so don't be disappointed if you don't get many replies.
3xpendable

Re: I'm back! Ford Anglia 106e (Estate)

#61 Post by 3xpendable » Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:45 pm

Normally I'd agree, however as per post #35 the carb got completely cleaned and rebuilt, the fuel pump the same, the lines blown out and a brand new fuel tank installed.

http://practically-classics.co.uk/forum ... 549#p75549

So unless we were unlucky and didn't clear out the lines completely it's not that. BUT I will have them check.
2013 Dodge Durango R/T
1965 Ford Anglia 106e Estate (Wagon). LHD.
1964 Ford Anglia 105e Saloon

Luxobarge

#62 Post by Luxobarge » Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:43 pm

Yeah, you'd have thought that would do it, but I'm going on the symptoms, which are classic jet blockage or lack of fuel supply. Did you install an in-line fuel filter? If not, I'd highly recommend it, they're cheap and easy, and even if it's not the cause now, a good preventative measure. Let us know what they find eh? Cheers! :D
Some people are like Slinkies - they serve no useful purpose, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them downstairs.

3xpendable

#63 Post by 3xpendable » Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:47 pm

Luxobarge wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:43 pm
Yeah, you'd have thought that would do it, but I'm going on the symptoms, which are classic jet blockage or lack of fuel supply. Did you install an in-line fuel filter? If not, I'd highly recommend it, they're cheap and easy, and even if it's not the cause now, a good preventative measure. Let us know what they find eh? Cheers! :D
Yep, not doubting you. I think there is an inline filter fitted but if not will do it when it gets here. Spoke to my dad today and he said it only does it when it is hot, which to me indicates more of an electrical issue than a fuel one. However it isn't unheard of either. We are all of the impression this car was taken off the road for some reason, and we think this may have been it because dad says the electrics look bodged around with.

So, the investigation continues and I'll keep you posted!
2013 Dodge Durango R/T

Luxobarge

#64 Post by Luxobarge » Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:12 pm

Ah, only when hot.... Yeah, I've had coils do that, had one on our Morris Minor that just cut out when hot, leave it to cool down for 15-20 minutes and off we went again. Happened once during an MoT test, which was embarrassing!The difference was that it wouldn't run at all when it failed. Still, at least replacing the coil is cheap and easy eh? All the best!
Some people are like Slinkies - they serve no useful purpose, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them downstairs.

3xpendable

#65 Post by 3xpendable » Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:23 pm

Yeah dad went through the system and thinks it's that, though he sys it does look rather new, it could be a duff coil. Pretty much everything else on there (Plugs, leads, points, condenser, cap, rotor, voltage regulator) is brand new.
2013 Dodge Durango R/T

Luxobarge

#66 Post by Luxobarge » Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:33 pm

With the appalling quality of some aftermarket parts these days, the fact that the coil looks new would count against it in my humble opinion, not for it!

3xpendable

#67 Post by 3xpendable » Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:32 pm

New coil was ordered from the 105EOC last week, should be there early this week. My brother, is his wisdom, can't stop fiddling. The remit was to get the car so it drives and stops enough to get on the RORO shipping. My plan is to give it an oil change and short out other issues when it gets here. Well I guess he was bored so pulled the oil filter off which is probably a good thing as I had ordered the wrong ones (we thought it took to long elements, it takes the short), he also mentioned the sump felt like it had sludge in the bottom. So for now I said change the oil and filter and leave it alone! Thankfully it's a big job to get the sump off, so it should dissuade him from touching it. I'll take a good look at it once I get it here. Its a low mileage engine and the top end looked wear free, so I imagine a good cleanout will sort it.

Dad sent me more photos of it before and after the first drive.

In the same shed is an Austin A35, Vauxhall Viva SL90, Bedford Viva Van and Anglia 105e Saloon.

Once the new coil is fitted and hopefully fixes the hot cutting out issue, and the oil and filter are changed, it's just waiting on the V5.
2013 Dodge Durango R/T

3xpendable

#68 Post by 3xpendable » Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:17 pm

Well the new coil did the trick, car is running like a champ. Dad took it for a longer run around the field and all was well, but then found when he got back the water pump was spewing water out, so a replacement was ordered...

That's fitted, so now she's just waiting on the V5....
2013 Dodge Durango R/T

Dick

#69 Post by Dick » Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:20 pm

Good news mate, any idea when you will be shipping it ?

Luxobarge

#70 Post by Luxobarge » Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:02 pm

Great stuff, glad your diagnosis was right. Yeah, that water pump doesn't owe you anything does it? I know the feeling of having an old engine spewing out fluids, yesterday I got our old Morris Minor out for the first time this year, and it was squirting petrol out of a faulty pipe near the fuel pump - a couple of decent pipe clips sorted it though.Good news yours is now running fine, keep the updates coming. Cheers! :D :D