Ford Anglia 106e (LHD) Estate

Post pictures and stories about your cars both present and past. Also post up "blogs" on your restoration projects - the more pictures the better! Note: blog-type threads often get few replies, but are often read by many members, and provide interest and motivation to other enthusiasts so don't be disappointed if you don't get many replies.
3xpendable

Re: I'm back! Ford Anglia 106e (Estate)

#51 Post by 3xpendable » Tue Jun 01, 2021 12:41 pm

Dick wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 7:19 pm
2k for a knackered anglia is a bit much.. where is it?
New Jersey and I am in Indiana
2013 Dodge Durango R/T
1965 Ford Anglia 106e Estate (Wagon). LHD.
1964 Ford Anglia 105e Saloon

Dick

#52 Post by Dick » Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:59 pm

Bit of a day out? :lol:

3xpendable

#53 Post by 3xpendable » Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:11 pm

Newly fabricated fuel tank finally arrived! Fits like a glove :)

My dad wanted to paint it, but we agreed on a clear coat instead to protect it, but show off the fabrication.
2013 Dodge Durango R/T

Dick

#54 Post by Dick » Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:59 pm

That's pretty...

JPB

#55 Post by JPB » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:55 am

Dick wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:59 pm
That's pretty...
Agreed! A beautiful bit of workmanship there, definitely a shame to hide it under anything that isn't transparent.
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

Dick

#56 Post by Dick » Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:27 pm

:drool:

3xpendable

#57 Post by 3xpendable » Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:07 pm

Nothing to report on the car at the moment. Still awaiting documentation which should be sorted in a few weeks. At some point an attempt will be made to free up the clutch hopefully without having to remove the gearbox.

In the mean time my dad has decided to trim down his collection of currently x cars (Austin A35, Ford Anglia 105e Saloon, Vauxhall Viva SL90, Bedford Viva van, Reliant Schimitar and this Riley RME...I think)

He's keeping the Austin, he has given the Anglia Saloon to me and the Bedford Viva to my other brother so the Reliant, Riley and possibly SL90 will be up for sale when he gets them ready.

The Anglia saloon has been in the family since the erly 70's so is very sentimental. It has had a Cortina 1500GT running gear installed so my plan is to eventually make it a period Cosworth replica.
2013 Dodge Durango R/T

3xpendable

#58 Post by 3xpendable » Mon Aug 09, 2021 1:43 pm

Car is ready but now waiting on paperwork! We applied for a logbook but it appears the guy we bought it off (on eBay) didn't file a NOVA so I've had to do that, and when that get confirmed then I'll apply for the V5. A bit annoying really given it's leaving the country as soon as we get that, but it's how it has to be done.

While scratching that itch, I've been working on 2 projects. 1 is a model 1:24 Anglia that I'm repainting to look like my dads (white with a maroon roof).

The other is my 6x10 enclosed trailer that I use for my kart racing. It came just plain inside so I;ve painted it and needed to add more attachment points, which I have done with E-track. I also added a power inlet so I can connect to my portable generator and power lights and tools inside:

I've added lights, but the daisy chains linking them weren't quite long enough so I could only test 2 of the 6 so far while waiting for longer wires, but so far looking good!

Finally, now I am working from home going forward my commute costs are non existent, so I decided to get rid of my ageing Hyundai and get something that will tow my trailer, and potentially a larger trailer for the Anglia, with ease:

It has a 400hp 5.7 litre Hemi V8, and can tow up to 3300kg so will easily meet all my needs.
2013 Dodge Durango R/T

3xpendable

#59 Post by 3xpendable » Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:46 am

I'm pleased to say I FINALLY have updates on the estate! The NOVA (Notice of vehicle arrival) got approved just before the August bank holiday, so the re-application of the V5 went off last week with a NOVA number attached. Hopefully that gets sorted this month, though I know September is a busy time for the DVLA. I was told 2-4 weeks so here's hoping. Anyway onto the car itself! My dad and brother got it off the blocks and out of the garage for the first time in probably 5 years this weekend:

They ran it up, bleed the coolant system out and sat nervously as it got hotter and hotter until the (new) thermostat finally kicked in. Once that occurred, the process of freeing up the clutch began. 2 laps around our field with the cluth pedal pressed down popped it off, so that saves the headache of removing the gearbox! WIth that, she was driven into the garage over the inspection pit so dad can give the underneath one final check over:

Well, that's not totally true. It conked out shortly before this, would start but not take any throttle. Suspect is the coil but will do more investigative work. I know it needs rear shackle bushes and they are already sitting in the boot for me to fit when I get it over here. So aside from that check over, it's simply waiting for the V5 and she can be delivered to the shippers! I'm hoping to get it here before the winter and salty roads set in as I have to collect it in Baltimore, 10hrs from home. However I have use of an enclosed trailer if the worst comes to the worst.

In other news, the model from my previous post is painted:

It feels so nice to be getting closer, I'm seeing light at the end of the tunnel!
2013 Dodge Durango R/T

Luxobarge

#60 Post by Luxobarge » Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:12 pm

Great news, thanks for the update - keep them coming!

Poor running sounds like blocked main jet in the carb to me, what carb does this run? This wouldn't be surprising, as a few laps of a bouncy field is likely to disturb some muck.....

Keep up the good work!

Cheers :D
Some people are like Slinkies - they serve no useful purpose, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them downstairs.