Lexy the P6

Post pictures and stories about your cars both present and past. Also post up "blogs" on your restoration projects - the more pictures the better! Note: blog-type threads often get few replies, but are often read by many members, and provide interest and motivation to other enthusiasts so don't be disappointed if you don't get many replies.
Diesel Fionn

Lexy the P6

#1 Post by Diesel Fionn » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:02 pm

I bought my Rover P6 in late February from the proceeds of my Subaru Forester and Citroen C15 van sales. I also bought a 1997 Toyota Carina e Estate for day to day driving. It's great not to owe the banks anything :D However as Lexy the Lunar Grey 2200SC manual had been standing around she's a tad rusty. I have nearly all panels now to do it up, just need a back door and front valance which I have sourced. I haven't been able to drive it since I drove it home as the front calipers seized up. I've rebuilt one and in the process of the other. Other than the body work and brakes, it needs a couple of seats and the exhaust needs fettling.

pryantcc

Re: Lexy the P6

#2 Post by pryantcc » Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:20 pm

Sounds good Fionn. I agree on the bank loan front! Unfortunate I couldn't find a knackered old house to buy for half-nothing though! Any photos of the Rover?

FrazzleTC

#3 Post by FrazzleTC » Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:33 pm

Sounds like a nice car! I've got an SC front pipe if you're needing to buy one. Any photos?

Aar0sc

#4 Post by Aar0sc » Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:37 pm

FrazzleTC wrote:Sounds like a nice car! I've got an SC front pipe if you're needing to buy one. Any photos?
You didn't mention how much of a bargain it is!!!
1977 Triumph Spitfire 1500; 1974 Jaguar E-Type OTS V12

Diesel Fionn

Renamed Shep

#5 Post by Diesel Fionn » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:08 pm

Hi Guys,
Thanks for the comments, I'm a tad confused on how to show you photos. I don't do any webhosting or anything like that at the moment. Is there any way to put up a picture in a post? :?
I've got all my panels now. I've lined up two good seats for the front from a series one v8. There are back seats with it but they'll need a little repairing, better than what I have. I think these are real leather seats, not the Nambla ones in mine.
Having driven it some more since the brakes were repaired, the back end "kick" is beginning to worry me :( . I was told it's either the de Dion tube gone dry or the sub-frame bushings. Any ideas?
I reckon it's got a lot to teach newer cars even now. the Headlights are brilliant compared to my CArina E daily driver. and the doors shut with a nice thud, both cars being british built it shows how standards have fallen. :roll:

TerryG

#6 Post by TerryG » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:19 pm

When you are posting a reply there is a section below the "preview, submit, save, cancel" buttons that allows you to attach a file. if you click the browse button and find your image then press "add the file" you can do that for all your images.
When you have done that, under the box you type your text in a drop down with a list of your attachments will appear. One at a time select them and press "place inline" and they will appear in your post
simples (sort of)
Understeer: when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
Oversteer: when you hit the wall with the back of the car.
Horsepower: how fast you hit the wall.
Torque: how far you take the wall with you.