Estimation Singer Gazelle IIIC 1962

Post pictures and stories about your cars both present and past. Also post up "blogs" on your restoration projects - the more pictures the better! Note: blog-type threads often get few replies, but are often read by many members, and provide interest and motivation to other enthusiasts so don't be disappointed if you don't get many replies.
Havana

Estimation Singer Gazelle IIIC 1962

#1 Post by Havana » Wed May 06, 2020 8:15 am

Hello,

I would like to know how much a Singer Gazelle IIIC from 1962 in its current state is worth. Maybe you could give me an estimation, some advices or point me to others forums ?

It's a french version. It has been stocked in a (more of less dry) barn for 45 years. The wheels, brakes and the motor are seized up (but it can turn). The tyres are most probably to be changed. The frame has some rust on the surface, but nothing too bad it seems.
Here are some pictures : https://imgur.com/a/U2c2Trn? , and a better picture from the inside https://i.imgur.com/FSjmxYH.jpg

What is your opinion about it ?

Thank you, have a nice day :)

Luxobarge

Re: Estimation Singer Gazelle IIIC 1962

#2 Post by Luxobarge » Wed May 06, 2020 9:24 am

Hi, I note you're posting from France - do you mean how much it is worth in France, or here in the UK? We have a member (Dick) who lives in France and may be able to help with French values....

Cheers!
Some people are like Slinkies - they serve no useful purpose, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them downstairs.

Havana

#3 Post by Havana » Wed May 06, 2020 10:30 am

Hi,
Well I guess it's just a matter of conversion, isn't it ? Or do cars value differs depending of the country where it is sold ? I mean the UK is just a few hundred km (and a confincement ;) ) away from France.
If it matters, I'd like to sell it in France though (I may already have a buyer, I need to find an honest price hence my post here :) ).

But I'd love to have Dick's opinion none the less.

Zelandeth

#4 Post by Zelandeth » Wed May 06, 2020 11:08 am

Location will have quite an effect on value. For one thing the enthusiast base for different marques will vary from country to country, and with it the spares availability will vary. The process of buying/selling a car is different from place to place too - in the UK it's probably about as easy as it gets as there are no fees or major administrative steps involved. Even if the paperwork isn't with the car sorting that out is one form and £25 to sort.

Is all the paperwork with the car? If not that can turn into a massive headache in France as I recall. Pretty sure someone on another forum has been fighting with the administrative system for over a year now to buy a DS from the family of someone who passed away a while ago.
My website - aka. My *other* waste of time
Current fleet: 73 AC Model-70. 75 Rover 3500. 84 Trabant 601S. 85 Sinclair C5. 88 Renault 25 Monaco. 06 Peugeot Partner 1.6HDi.

Luxobarge

#5 Post by Luxobarge » Wed May 06, 2020 11:41 am

Zelandeth wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 11:08 am
Location will have quite an effect on value.
Quite so, after all values differ greatly even within the British Isles, let alone on mainland Europe. For example cars are much more expensive in Ireland than in England, we once sold a Mini to an Irish guy who did a bit of business coming over to buy cars and re-selling over there. Also being a left-hand drive will have an influence on value depending on whether it's to be used in a left-hand drive country or not, I would have thought.
Some people are like Slinkies - they serve no useful purpose, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them downstairs.

Dick

#6 Post by Dick » Wed May 06, 2020 2:49 pm

Hi mate, if you want to sell the car having the carte grise (logbook) will make life so much easier.. as the car is ove 25 years old you can apply for a historic one but you would need to ask how.. as its lhd you should get more for the car in France as cars here are more expensive the uk.

Dick

#7 Post by Dick » Wed May 06, 2020 2:57 pm

Have you tried le bon coin?
Not the same model, but hope this helps..
https://www.leboncoin.fr/voitures/1772453628.htm/

Dick

#8 Post by Dick » Wed May 06, 2020 8:07 pm

Havana

#9 Post by Havana » Sat May 09, 2020 8:55 am

Thanks for your inputs and your help Luxobarge, Zelandeth, Dick :)

I do have the carte grise (logbook).
That Singer 4AD looks quite stunning, another ballpark alltogether.
The Gazelle on sold seems expensive to me. I've seen at a french auction website ( https://www.lva-auto.fr/cote.php?idMarq ... rcheType=1 ) that some Gazelle cabriolets (sunroof) were seemingly overestimated : if you log into the website you'll be able to check the details of the auctions ; they were estimated around 13000€, but sold for 3800€, 6800€ and 8900€ for respectively ok, good and very good conditions. Of course these are auctions, not regular selling, so it's a bit different.

Dick

#10 Post by Dick » Sat May 09, 2020 11:54 am

I did spot another gazelle convertible restoration project for sale at 1800 euro..