Meet The Welshmobile!

Post pictures and stories about your cars both present and past. Also post up "blogs" on your restoration projects - the more pictures the better! Note: blog-type threads often get few replies, but are often read by many members, and provide interest and motivation to other enthusiasts so don't be disappointed if you don't get many replies.
Paul240480

Meet The Welshmobile!

#1 Post by Paul240480 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:07 pm

Yes, far too young a motor for this forum I'm sure, but its a gooden & one day will be old enough :D

Anyways, we had to make a 'blat' from home in Southern Brittany to Silloth in Cumbria.

Anyways pre-empting this blat, (TW had a squealy brake syndrome from the fronts.) A quick strip down, clean with brake cleaner & some copper slip on the rear of the pads seems to have solved that one. I spied a split outer CV Boot on the drivers side whilst doing this.......

Sunday 03/02/19 saw us depart home at 0715 for a chunnel crossing at 1420.
TW just munched the miles.....

Once out of the chunnel we continued up to Allestree (Derby) for an overnighter with my Mum.

Monday 04/02 saw us moving northwards towards Silloth using the M6. TW just took this 'spin' in his stride, arriving purring as ever after 800 miles in 2 days!
TW tipped over the 130,000 miles mark on the run. Just run in nicely now then!

As I type he is in Robinsons Car & Commercial in Silloth having that boot replaced & a well deserved oil & filter change.
^^^^I gave TW a spruce up on Mum-in-laws front drive the other day. Across the road is the 'beach' then the Solway Firth, that was a windy old wash!!!
Posting just because I'm proud of the 'not so old' (15yrs to be exact) bus for just getting us here with no complaints. :D

JPB

Re: Meet The Welshmobile!

#2 Post by JPB » Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:04 am

I clicked on this thread's title expecting to see one of these:

;)

A Volvo will do just now. :mrgreen:
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

Paul240480

#3 Post by Paul240480 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:46 pm

Haha :lol: , a chance would be fine thing, is that an Invader?

GHT

#4 Post by GHT » Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:51 pm

JPB wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:04 am
I clicked on this thread's title expecting to see one of these:

;)

A Volvo will do just now. :mrgreen:
I was expecting something altogether different. Where did I put Specsavers phone number?
volvo.jpeg
volvo.jpeg (59.13 KiB) Viewed 28114 times

JPB

#5 Post by JPB » Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:45 am

Paul240480 wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:46 pm
Haha :lol: , a chance would be fine thing, is that an Invader?
I believe that it is, but this belief is based only on the fact that a quick web search including the name comes back with similar looking machinery. I know the square root of nowt about Gilbern cars or their manufacturer's history, though I have been doing some reading in an effort to remedy this knowledge hole.
GHT wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:51 pm
I was expecting something altogether different. Where did I put Specsavers phone number?
Oh dear! :lol: Where on earth did that picture of my next door neighbour come from?
;)
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

Paul240480

#6 Post by Paul240480 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:45 pm

.......and The Welshmobile made it back too. Not without a snag tho' :roll:

About 5 miles from home went into 'limp mode' ( Ooohh Matron!) .

Made it, next day I read the codes, misfire cyl 3.

Treated it to a fresh set of Volvo plugs and a BERU coil pack for cyl 3.

All good again now :thumbs: