Once home I moved onto to getting the new toilet 'flap' thing fitted. This meant removing the bowl. The flap mechanism and pedal are attached to the underside of the bowl. 8-10 screws hold it on. Nice and easy then?
Well the bowl sits on 2 studs. One at '5 O'clock' and one at '11 O'clock. '5' is easy but '11' requires working by 'feel' as its right over the back of the bowl with 'knack all' room to spare
Also had to disconnect the flush water pipe, again this is a work by feel one.
Re-fitting was a real ball-ache. Worst part was getting that flush pipe back on.......
The job was done (I thought) and so we headed off for a long weekend. During the trip that flippin' flush pipe 'blew off' causing a bit of a flood in the bathroom
Had to divert to a Castorama where I got a blank to go on the end of the pipe. Fitted that in the car park. So water was restored, minus the ability to flush. Bring out the bucket!
Once home I had a fettle with that pipe with everything drained down. No way could I get the blessed thing to screw onto the back of the bowl.
So I set off the Mr Bricolage nearby with the 'offending' connectors to see what I could find.
These. The brass bits threaded bit into back of loo & the grey bit to secure the water pipe......
At the DIY place I collared the plumbing dept chap. He took one look at the gubbins I had and declared it to be from a camper van! Impressed I was. He then sorted me out with a great solution to sort everything.
This being the fix & its been fine ever since