New Videos from SpaceKadett restoring a Daihatsu Charade 1L Turbo Diesel

Post pictures and stories about your cars both present and past. Also post up "blogs" on your restoration projects - the more pictures the better! Note: blog-type threads often get few replies, but are often read by many members, and provide interest and motivation to other enthusiasts so don't be disappointed if you don't get many replies.
JPB

Re: New Videos from SpaceKadett restoring a Daihatsu Charade 1L Turbo Diesel

#11 Post by JPB » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:25 am

Sorry to be picky, but you appear to have uploaded the "edit" view of the youtube page that carries the video clip we're trying to see.
Clicking that takes the reader to their own youtube content manager page and not the informative stuff about a car.

The "watch" view of the page will allow other folk to see what you've been doing with the car.
;)
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

Toledo Man

#12 Post by Toledo Man » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:44 pm

John's right. The last link took me to the list of videos on my channel. The link for the playlist is HERE
Toledo Man

1972 Triumph Dolomite 1850 auto (NYE 751L)
2008 Citroen Grand C4 Picasso 2.0 HDi Exclusive (MA08 WCL)
1995 BMW 318i (M265 PNC)
1991 Toyota Celica GT (J481 ONB)

SpaceKadett

#13 Post by SpaceKadett » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:13 am

Thanks lads, sorry about the incorrect link. I hope this one works for you. https://youtu.be/7waGlQqpXhk

SpaceKadett

#14 Post by SpaceKadett » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:15 am

Welding repair to the sill of my Daihatsu Charade
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZV1785zbGU

SpaceKadett

#15 Post by SpaceKadett » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:24 am

Sorting out that rusty surprise behind the rear bumper
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6dpNeDUCFM

JPB

#16 Post by JPB » Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:38 am

Nice work, it's always good to see someone putting this high standard of workmanship into a car that's yet to achieve the universal appeal - and higher resale asking prices - of the equivalent European cars from the era. You can't have too much Japanese content in an old car forum, IMHO, and these things can't be cheap forever so my (impartial? :oops: :lol: ) advice to anyone who wants something older, different or just plain weird that can withstand daily use without displaying undue temperament is this:
Buy Japanese cars now and soak them in your rust preventative fluids of choice, you can't really go wrong. There, that wasn't at all subjective now, was it.. :mrgreen:
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops: