Zel's Fleet Blog...Rover, Renault, Peugeot, Trabant, Invacar & Sinclair C5

Post pictures and stories about your cars both present and past. Also post up "blogs" on your restoration projects - the more pictures the better! Note: blog-type threads often get few replies, but are often read by many members, and provide interest and motivation to other enthusiasts so don't be disappointed if you don't get many replies.
Zelandeth

Re: Zel's Fleet Blog...Citroen, Mercedes, Sinclair & AC Model 70

#1091 Post by Zelandeth » Sun Dec 19, 2021 6:02 pm

The basic answer I think is that I don't! Which is why I really want to get down to having something as a daily which isn't perpetually a major project in itself.

At least most of the other things are ones I can dip in and out of, but cars are quite a time sink!

Hoping to get the Merc and BX moved on (it's got a far better shot at seeing the road now than when it arrived I think), get something relatively modern as a daily and one simpler project to tinker with now and then.
My website - aka. My *other* waste of time
Current fleet: 73 AC Model-70. 75 Rover 3500. 84 Trabant 601S. 85 Sinclair C5. 88 Renault 25 Monaco. 06 Peugeot Partner 1.6HDi.

Dick

#1092 Post by Dick » Mon Dec 20, 2021 7:05 am

I know what you mean, at one point i had over 20 projects.. which means nothing was finished :oops:
Something to inspire you...
https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1410341

gazza82

#1093 Post by gazza82 » Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:34 pm

Dick wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 7:05 am
I know what you mean, at one point i had over 20 projects.. which means nothing was finished :oops:
Something to inspire you...
https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1410341
I've got ONE and that's taking forever to get really started .. I got as far as checking with my local steel supplier is they had some square tube and Hobbyweld 5 in stock but never got a chance to pick any up! I have though got the regulator/pipes to convert my MIG to the larger cylinder now.

But that's mainly down to having an actual holiday (abroad! on a plane!! in the sun!!! booked in Jan 2019 for Nov 2020 and delayed 12 months! - and yes, got pinged when we got back :shock: but several negative LFTs and PCRs, etc ;) ) and having to decorate a spare bedroom before Christmas as we aren't likely to have lockdown until January in the UK so we should have the family home! (1) Boris wouldn't dare! (2) Omicron isn't causing as many deaths or hospital admissions in UK as Alpha or Delta due to the vaccines and booster, (3) everyone would ignore the rules this year anyway ...
"If you're driving on the edge ... you're leaving too much room!"

Retirement Project: '59 Austin A35 2-door with 1330cc Midget engine and many upgrades
Said goodbye: got '98 Alfa Romeo 156 2.0 TSpark to 210K miles before tin worm struck

3xpendable

#1094 Post by 3xpendable » Tue Dec 21, 2021 1:48 pm

Not to derail this thread and go down that rabbit hole, but what on earth is going on in the UK at the moment? I'm hearing from some family that they are going into ANOTHER lockdown due to Omicron, a strain that has lower severity of symptoms and hasn't caused a single death yet?

Things are far from perfect this side of the pond, but things are pretty much normal save for wearing masks when going into stores (and even that is optional, i.e most don't)
2013 Dodge Durango R/T
1965 Ford Anglia 106e Estate (Wagon). LHD.
1964 Ford Anglia 105e Saloon

gazza82

#1095 Post by gazza82 » Tue Dec 21, 2021 3:16 pm

3xpendable wrote:
Tue Dec 21, 2021 1:48 pm
Not to derail this thread and go down that rabbit hole, but what on earth is going on in the UK at the moment? I'm hearing from some family that they are going into ANOTHER lockdown due to Omicron, a strain that has lower severity of symptoms and hasn't caused a single death yet?

Things are far from perfect this side of the pond, but things are pretty much normal save for wearing masks when going into stores (and even that is optional, i.e most don't)
Nothing has been decided/announced in England because no-one has the data, but Scotland is stopping large gatherings including spectators at sports and the Hogmannay Party in Edinburgh ...

We MIGHT get a short one in England, but probably not until January.

The only death announced was "WITH" Omicron (not because of it) and turns out they were 70 years old and unvaccinated (and probably had underlying health conditions ... :roll:
"If you're driving on the edge ... you're leaving too much room!"

Retirement Project: '59 Austin A35 2-door with 1330cc Midget engine and many upgrades
Said goodbye: got '98 Alfa Romeo 156 2.0 TSpark to 210K miles before tin worm struck

Dick

#1096 Post by Dick » Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:15 pm

Either way the French have banned everyone from the uk. Im hopefully getting back to Blighty this Easter now... that's nearly 3 years... we have had several cases in the family some have no problems but my wifes grandmother got it, sort of recovered but died due to complications... my freinds twins got it one was over it in days and the other her parents were told to expect the worst, she has recovered but has regular visits to the hospital...

Luxobarge

#1097 Post by Luxobarge » Tue Dec 21, 2021 10:22 pm

Could I respectfully suggest that we keep discussion of the pandemic away from Zel's car blog thread? At least let's do it on an off-topic thread, or preferably not at all....

Cheers!
Some people are like Slinkies - they serve no useful purpose, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them downstairs.

3xpendable

#1098 Post by 3xpendable » Wed Dec 22, 2021 12:52 pm

Luxobarge wrote:
Tue Dec 21, 2021 10:22 pm
Could I respectfully suggest that we keep discussion of the pandemic away from Zel's car blog thread? At least let's do it on an off-topic thread, or preferably not at all....

Cheers!
Slap on the wrist respectfully received Luxo! :lol: Are you enjoying the Anglia thread?

@Zel, Does the Merc have to be sold before you can bring the new project home?
2013 Dodge Durango R/T
1965 Ford Anglia 106e Estate (Wagon). LHD.
1964 Ford Anglia 105e Saloon

Luxobarge

#1099 Post by Luxobarge » Wed Dec 22, 2021 1:27 pm

Yes, very much enjoying the Anglia thread, and this one too - love a good blog! :D :D
Some people are like Slinkies - they serve no useful purpose, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them downstairs.

Dick

#1100 Post by Dick » Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:07 pm

Luxobarge wrote:
Wed Dec 22, 2021 1:27 pm
Yes, very much enjoying the Anglia thread, and this one too - love a good blog! :D :D
Me too...
Zel, in your experience would you consider the 6 cyl jag easier to work on than the v12 you had or are they equally awkward???