Maranello House - Fiat, Lancia, Ferrari. Vespa, BSA projects

Post pictures and stories about your cars both present and past. Also post up "blogs" on your restoration projects - the more pictures the better! Note: blog-type threads often get few replies, but are often read by many members, and provide interest and motivation to other enthusiasts so don't be disappointed if you don't get many replies.
maranellohouse

Re: Maranello House - Fiat, Lancia, Ferrari. Vespa, BSA proj

#11 Post by maranellohouse » Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:20 am

Aww I'll have to figure out another way to post them

JPB

#12 Post by JPB » Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:32 am

Maybe an existing RMS member could do it for you, a member who's also a member here at Practically? Hmm, who would that be I wonder? ;) Oh go on then, but otherwise, using a photo hosting service such as FlickR or Imageshack will enable you to link your photies to this forum.

Your photo, for anyone who isn't a member at RPM:

Yes, I can see that fetching that down may present a challenge, good luck. How careless were they to park it there in the first place eh?
:lol:
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

maranellohouse

#13 Post by maranellohouse » Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:18 pm

:lol: I know, thanks John

jonnyhahn

#14 Post by jonnyhahn » Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:26 am

Hi mate,
I've got a lancia delta hf turbo and I'm trying to find somewhere to get it fine tuned so the ecu is set up correctly, and the throttle and distributor. Do you know of anywhere or even do it yourself or have any tips, especially with the ecu mixture screw
Thanks

kstrutt1

#15 Post by kstrutt1 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:08 am

JPB wrote:Maybe an existing RMS member could do it for you, a member who's also a member here at Practically? Hmm, who would that be I wonder? ;) Oh go on then, but otherwise, using a photo hosting service such as FlickR or Imageshack will enable you to link your photies to this forum.

Your photo, for anyone who isn't a member at RPM:

Yes, I can see that fetching that down may present a challenge, good luck. How careless were they to park it there in the first place eh?
:lol:
You could get a scaffolding company to build a simple ramp, shouldn't cost to much.

Fatbloke

#16 Post by Fatbloke » Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:23 pm

Or a fork lift which is probably how they got it up there in the 1st place.

Great things fork lifts if you haven't got a lift!! ;) :shock:
Mike.

A Fatbloke in a Herald

JPB

#17 Post by JPB » Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:17 am

Fatbloke wrote:Or a fork lift which is probably how they got it up there in the 1st place.

maranellohouse wrote:it was put up with a forklift when there was room for a forklift and now there is ramps but there so no room for a forklift.
;)

Unless the O/P could find a massive forklift whose reach can get across the ramp problem? :idea: Or maybe call upon the generosity of your local fire & rescue chaps & chappesses? It would give them a pleasant change from getting cats out of trees or putting out fires.
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

maranellohouse

#18 Post by maranellohouse » Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:51 am

Fatbloke wrote:Or a fork lift which is probably how they got it up there in the 1st place.

Lol it was indeed put there with a forklift but in the years that have past a 4 post lift has been fitted where the fork would need to go to get it down. And a scaffolding ramp would not fit in the area/space ahead of the car!

It will be a fork of some description though or some sort of block and tackle setup, a strong one

kstrutt1

#19 Post by kstrutt1 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:47 pm

Could you construct something from timber or scaffold to get it on the raised 4 post ramp then lower it down?

maranellohouse

#20 Post by maranellohouse » Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:11 am

Got the panels of the 308 painted at the weekend