Protecting an Austin 7 crankshaft, RPM warning.

Post pictures and stories about your cars both present and past. Also post up "blogs" on your restoration projects - the more pictures the better! Note: blog-type threads often get few replies, but are often read by many members, and provide interest and motivation to other enthusiasts so don't be disappointed if you don't get many replies.
Classic Microcars

Re: Protecting an Austin 7 crankshaft, RPM warning.

#11 Post by Classic Microcars » Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:15 pm

Little update...

I have developed the code a bit further and now have analogue sensing of temperature, fuel level, OAT, humidity and oil pressure. They will appear on a 20x4 LCD that I intend to graft into a Kitten's (by Smiths) fuel/temp gauge case. I will probably use a push button under the dash somewhere to switch "pages" of info.

I can get everything into the case easily by using a Nano Arduino, I just need to fabricate a bezel and find a good way to secure everything.

megadethmaniac

#12 Post by megadethmaniac » Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:49 pm

Is there anything these Arduinos cannot be made to do?

Classic Microcars

#13 Post by Classic Microcars » Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:54 pm

It is like any other computer, totally dumb until someone tells it what to do. So no, there isn't much it can't do. You just have to work out what you want of it and write the software. The Arduino is a very versatile device because of all the control lines. The only drawback is that it isn't particularly quick or roomy, but a combination of the Raspberry for the processing and the Arduino for control interfacing, is a combination that is difficult to beat.

JPB

#14 Post by JPB » Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:33 pm

Is this the same system that's used for the temperature control in your reptile tanks?
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops: