'Zeb' - (Not a Classic) Bloggy!

Post pictures and stories about your cars both present and past. Also post up "blogs" on your restoration projects - the more pictures the better! Note: blog-type threads often get few replies, but are often read by many members, and provide interest and motivation to other enthusiasts so don't be disappointed if you don't get many replies.
Luxobarge

Re: 'Zeb' - (Not a Classic) Bloggy!

#191 Post by Luxobarge » Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:54 pm

Paul - go with it, sounds like it'll be just fine. I should have kept quiet - I just didn't know they did a one-size-fits-all, however it's not a bad idea as I guess it keeps production costs down.

John - no, the coolant capacity would be just the same, the black bit on the end will be mainly air instead of transmission fluid, that's all.

Cheers!
Some people are like Slinkies - they serve no useful purpose, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them downstairs.

Paul240480

#192 Post by Paul240480 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:53 pm

Well, I went for it this afternoon. All running and back together. About 4 hours with a grub break . Got a little to do tomorrow, final topping up and the engine front under guard. Ran out of light!
Started with a 'dribble'
Even the old jubilee clips came undone, after an overnight soak
My method of supporting the air con condenser using a block of wood and some thin tongue and groove. Also shows supporting the rad itself using a jack and further piece of wood. Used the 'jack method' to fit the new radiator too.
All out, used two bits of wire to stop the top of the condenser wobbling in the wind
Finally running, temp gauge spot on 3 O'clock and fan cut in. Computer and clock out of kilter, as disconnected battery during work.

Luxobarge

#193 Post by Luxobarge » Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:03 pm

Nice one Paul - well done. Not a bad job is it?

Cheers! :D
Some people are like Slinkies - they serve no useful purpose, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them downstairs.

Paul240480

#194 Post by Paul240480 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:23 pm

Luxobarge wrote:Nice one Paul - well done. Not a bad job is it?

Thanks :D . No not too bad. Top bolts on air con compreser most difficult , having a mini 'wobbly' to fit a socket to the 8 or 10 mm bolts was a good moment!

Luxobarge

#195 Post by Luxobarge » Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:00 am

Paul240480 wrote:

Thanks :D . No not too bad. Top bolts on air con compreser most difficult , having a mini 'wobbly' to fit a socket to the 8 or 10 mm bolts was a good moment!
Oh! Did mine without having to touch that....??

Paul240480

#196 Post by Paul240480 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:44 am

Luxobarge wrote:
Paul240480 wrote:

Oh! Did mine without having to touch that....??

Ahhh! Despite having read up , I had my Haynes manual out there with me.... Nuff said! :roll:

rich.

#197 Post by rich. » Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:09 am

who do you get your classics insurance with?

Luxobarge

#198 Post by Luxobarge » Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:14 pm

rich. wrote:who do you get your classics insurance with?
I'm not pretending for one moment that my V70 is a classic, but Peter Best are happy to insure it as one - fully comp with agreed value, under £180 last year. Limited miles of 5,000 but that's no problem for me - I don't get out much....

Paul240480

#199 Post by Paul240480 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:22 pm

Went to finally top up the coolant this morning after nights cooling down. I managed to sort a fix (bodge :roll: ) for two bolts & clips that had disintegrated at the top of the rad & replaced the front splash tray underneath.
Then went for a 15 or so mile spin including a short blat up the due carriageway. Coolant temp was bang on and level bang on also, no drips so far either. :D

As far as insurance goes mine are with Axa, though don't forget, in France

I pay about 28€ a month for Zeb. Thats not on classic, set value of 1500€

My 'soon to be V70 (2004) is going to be 30,24€ a month,again not classic & set value 3500€ (I'm paying £1500 8-) )

Tank 240 is going over to assurance voiture d'collection (and, of course it is arguable as to wether a 240 is a classic) will be 10,68€ a month with 'market value' (that'll be peanuts then :lol: )

JPB

#200 Post by JPB » Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:19 pm

set value 3500€ (I'm paying £1500 8-) )
:shock:

Is that not a wee bit, erm, naughty? Just as well that representatives of the motor insurance industry never, ever read classic car fora isn't it. :lol:
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops: