His n Hers

Post pictures and stories about your cars both present and past. Also post up "blogs" on your restoration projects - the more pictures the better! Note: blog-type threads often get few replies, but are often read by many members, and provide interest and motivation to other enthusiasts so don't be disappointed if you don't get many replies.
mactat2

His n Hers

#1 Post by mactat2 » Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:24 am

Hi Guys, new to the forum an thought i'd best put up a couple of pics of our cars. Though sadly the missus is now selling hers :(

Here's Humphrey the missus' Datsun

He made an appearance on the front cover of Practical Classics Magazine in December 2009 :thumbs:

And here is Maggie my Magnum 2300 coupe

still a work in progress but shes getting there slowly :D

arceye

Re: His n Hers

#2 Post by arceye » Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:38 pm

I did a double take then, it looks very like one that lives about 20 miles from me which can be seen in the linky at what I think was this years John O Groats Rally.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dscn8785/ ... zRV-e5Uxpe

I really like these, not too many about now though.

Lovely cars you have there :drool:

JPB

#3 Post by JPB » Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:28 pm

OVD is yet another example that won't be showing up on the "Howmanyleft" and DVLA record if it's registered on the Scottish side, I tell ya, these Cherries are appearing all over the place and that's a good thing.
:thumbs:

I'm loving the Magnum too, very pleasant things to drive these are. The only vaguely similar vehicle I owned was my CF Ice cream van, whose replacement engine came from a Magnum 2300 and sadly, because of its camshaft profile and higher compression, didn't suit the van at all well. Oh it was quick, but lacked the LC version's lowdown torque and then, at approaching the van's legal top speed, all hell was unleashed and the thing flew, usually with embarrassing results involving cans of juice falling from the shelf above the freezer before bouncing off the counter and onto the road behind. :oops:

Ironically, I never did sell Magnums, Mivvis were my default lolly.
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

mactat2

#4 Post by mactat2 » Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:55 pm

Cheers guys :) would be great to get some pic of the two together...twins! :lol:

tineca

#5 Post by tineca » Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:36 pm

Live nearby (Norbreck). Love those cars. Was behind the Datsun the other day, it looks like new. Not got a classic at mo due to two daughters and their boyfriends all taking the spaces up on the drive but will get something seventies one day, a series manta, mk1 celica or maybe a volvo 164. Cheers. Jed

zipgun

#6 Post by zipgun » Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:45 pm

I had my best crash in a CF 2.3.... An 18 year old shouldn't have been allowed to drive one , it went like greased lightning.It was only a month old.. The 1800 CF was awful

JPB

#7 Post by JPB » Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:58 pm

zipgun wrote:I had my best crash in a CF 2.3.... An 18 year old shouldn't have been allowed to drive one , it went like greased lightning.It was only a month old.. The 1800 CF was awful
:lol: I was 23 when I had mine on the road for the ice cream season, it's still around, still playing the happy wanderer and still - according to the current keeper who sold ice cream from it as recently as last Tuesday - oversteers like a real ba5t4rd as a result of the freezer above, but mostly behind the rear axle line. It doesn't help that they have their springs above the axle tubes, in best Reliant/Standard-Triumph tradition and they do redefine rear wheel steering once there's some load on that end of the thing, but the IFS makes them so much more car like than a Tranny and I used to forget that it was nine feet high with that perverse weight bias to the stern. Mostly I got away with it, though a small scar on the o/s/r wheel arch is a reminder that it was quite a bit wider than the VX1800/2.3 which I was using to get to and from the lockup where I used to plug the van in at night. :oops:

Sorry, Mac, for the o/t in your thread. :oops: Maybe we need a "Show us yer shunt" section? :D
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

rich.

#8 Post by rich. » Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:56 am

love your wifes cherry she should keep it!! :drool: :drool: more pics please!! i thought they had all rotted away. :? i used to run a rotten mk1 2.3 cf tipper.. lots of fun even though every time i braked the cab moved.. in the end i swopped it for a honda acty. my brother had a later cf van that we swopped the engine for the magnum motor...it went well over the speed limit down blunsden hill outside swindon.. then the government increased fuel duty to a point where we couldnt afford petrol :evil:

vulgalour

#9 Post by vulgalour » Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:40 pm

That little 100A/Cherry is superb!

junkyarddog

#10 Post by junkyarddog » Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:45 pm

What a lovely pair 8-)

Big fan of Japanese cars,Own a few.

Big Vauxhall fan too :thumbs:

Shame the little Datsun is to be sold.