my baby

Post pictures and stories about your cars both present and past. Also post up "blogs" on your restoration projects - the more pictures the better! Note: blog-type threads often get few replies, but are often read by many members, and provide interest and motivation to other enthusiasts so don't be disappointed if you don't get many replies.
tolley

Re: my baby

#11 Post by tolley » Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:05 am

I understand

tolley

#12 Post by tolley » Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:37 pm

anyone got any leads on finding the history on R Rover

JPB

#13 Post by JPB » Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:17 pm

My erstwhile best pal and I have yet to communicate. I'm still in touch with other members of his family and have dropped the subject into conversation from time to time. I couldn't care less about how important he's become these days, but I am pee'd off about not having managed to get any more of the information that you need. Sorry, but I've exhausted what would have been my only source and have to accept that he's not prepared to communicate with me, even though doing so would be helping someone who shares his taste in classic 4x4s.
From what I can gather, the bloke in question has much more responsibility at his work now, so the last thing he'd be bothered about would be making contact with me. :|

I haven't forgotten this thread though, and here's hoping that someone else will see the images and have something to say. Good luck!
:thumbs:
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

tolley

#14 Post by tolley » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:50 am

thanks John .ATB

tolley

#15 Post by tolley » Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:34 pm

was getting their ,till my rebuilt engines head gasket has gone , only done about 4000 miles :evil:

tolley

#16 Post by tolley » Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:34 pm

JPB

#17 Post by JPB » Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:58 pm

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:
Now that's what a Range Rover should look like, IMHO! Forget the fancy dash display that uses a dual layer 3D panel to show satnav to the driver as the passenger watches the news, forget the gadget that massages your back while you drive along a river bed, that simple, basic, totally sufficient old thing is what you want!
Here's hoping you get the gaskets sorted soon, at least these aren't complicated machines and parts are cheap and plentiful. Not only that, but the love for the Range Rover appears to be growing around here these days and that has to be a good thing.
:thumbs:
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

TerryG

#18 Post by TerryG » Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:19 pm

Best not post your location or I may sneak over and "borrow" that. A proper gentleman's 4x4.
Understeer: when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
Oversteer: when you hit the wall with the back of the car.
Horsepower: how fast you hit the wall.
Torque: how far you take the wall with you.

tolley

#19 Post by tolley » Fri May 27, 2016 7:34 pm

got the head sorted bloke who built it was a muppet ,mr martin rawlinsaw watch out for him.

got a bit more spraying to do then the in side trim , still wish I put the v8 in .

would like to find out a bit more of the history as well .

TerryG

#20 Post by TerryG » Fri May 27, 2016 11:00 pm

A good used rover v8 isn't expensive, it's never too late to fit one ;)
Understeer: when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
Oversteer: when you hit the wall with the back of the car.
Horsepower: how fast you hit the wall.
Torque: how far you take the wall with you.