my baby

Post pictures and stories about your cars both present and past. Also post up "blogs" on your restoration projects - the more pictures the better! Note: blog-type threads often get few replies, but are often read by many members, and provide interest and motivation to other enthusiasts so don't be disappointed if you don't get many replies.
tolley

my baby

#1 Post by tolley » Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:22 pm

Image]

TerryG

Re: my baby

#2 Post by TerryG » Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:41 pm

You have to love a Range Rover Classic. That old girl doesn't look too bad. Definitely worth saving. I have spent every weekend for the last few months spannering and welding mine.
Understeer: when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
Oversteer: when you hit the wall with the back of the car.
Horsepower: how fast you hit the wall.
Torque: how far you take the wall with you.

tolley

#3 Post by tolley » Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:26 pm

and me ,I have more pics ;)
[urlImageImage][/url]

TerryG

#4 Post by TerryG » Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:51 pm

That last pic you posted is what I did last weekend but fortunately all but the bottom 1" of the arch was fine so I made up some curves for the corners and fixed it. I had a couple of hours today I spent fitting new petrol tank mounts (the factory ones were rotten) for my twin LPG tanks and new mounts for the auxiliary petrol tank which is going behind the drivers side rear wing.
Hopefully tomorrow I will get the sloping part of the rear floor re-fitted.
I would love a 2 door to go with my 4 door but one project at a time.
I assume you have the 3.5 v8? How's the bulkhead? mine was AWOL along all the edges.
Understeer: when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
Oversteer: when you hit the wall with the back of the car.
Horsepower: how fast you hit the wall.
Torque: how far you take the wall with you.

JPB

#5 Post by JPB » Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:08 pm

I actually recognise that Range Rover! Glad to see it's in good hands and is receiving some solid repairs to its "play worn" areas. :thumbs:
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

Mitsuru

#6 Post by Mitsuru » Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:22 am

It's been a while since I have seen a 3 door Range Rover in the flesh, all you see these
days are the 5 door more moderns usually in white(washing machines on wheels)

My parents have had 2 three door Range Rovers, one of which we shipped to the Isle of
Mann where it was turned into a 6x6 Range Rover fire engine.
I'm Diabetic,& disabled BUT!! NOT DEAD YET!!

tolley

#7 Post by tolley » Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:19 pm

JPB ,where have you seen it before ,it would be good to any infor ,on its history

JPB

#8 Post by JPB » Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:45 pm

I went to school with one of its former keepers. He's a private sort who has no web presence that I can find but he works for Jaguar/Land Rover as an ADI on one of their training facilities somewhere in the North Midlands and has been into these things since we were in our teens, when he restored his parents' S2A station wagon. Two Range Rovers were owned by him when he had the one in this thread, the other was used as his daily transport and was, IIRC, brown and was the less rusty one of the pair.
Last I heard from him was when he was about to have his 40th birthday party back in January 2005. I was going through a spell of relapse at the time so couldn't move from my bed much less get to some dumb party, he took a scunner to me at my sheer cheek for daring to refuse that invite :roll: and I've not been in touch with the daft bugger since!
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

tolley

#9 Post by tolley » Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:30 pm

thanks John, if you ever meet up again ,could you ask him for any infor on the RR ,pic or the like please . :thumbs:

small world

JPB

#10 Post by JPB » Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:55 pm

That wouldn't be a problem, though TBH, I'd sooner eat my own eyes than have anything to do with him after the way he behaved toward me at a time when I most needed my friends! :|
However, in the interests of classic car preservation, if he remembers my 50th or invites me to his :lol: , I'll ask about the car before telling the stuck up wee twunt where to get off. ;)
J