An Rover. Vitesse.

Post pictures and stories about your cars both present and past. Also post up "blogs" on your restoration projects - the more pictures the better! Note: blog-type threads often get few replies, but are often read by many members, and provide interest and motivation to other enthusiasts so don't be disappointed if you don't get many replies.
mach1rob

Re: An Rover. Vitesse.

#31 Post by mach1rob » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:22 pm

In 2 minds what to do, well 3, if the guy wants them and prepared to pay, then I'll happily sell, and look for some black Alfa seats or similar, would save dying them, and a simple case of swapping carpet, door cards and a bit of trim.

Then there's dye seats brown and leave interior as is, or do them black and swap as above.

mach1rob

#32 Post by mach1rob » Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:14 am

I'm going to have one last ditched attempt to see if anyone out there is brave enough to take this on. It is bad, it will need lots of fabrication and welding, but it's all there, and a rare car at the end of the day. I have stripped it down further, so it looks a right state, but everything is still there, and you'd have to strip it to repair it!

I know there's a FS section but if anyone wants to take this on, I'll take £350 which just about covers my costs. I would love for it to be saved. Currently looks a state.

MG Mal

#33 Post by MG Mal » Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:20 pm

Whats the plan once it's gone?

Going for another retro, or sticking to the trump for a while?

mach1rob

#34 Post by mach1rob » Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:18 am

Dunno Mal, for now I'll just stick with the Dolly, especially should I start fitting the bits from the Vitesse to it, no one seems keen to take it on as a project, so sadly its future looks to be in parts rather than as a whole.

Had the usual its worth £50 scrap mate from the usual fb groups :roll:

JPB

#35 Post by JPB » Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:49 am

mach1rob wrote:....Had the usual its worth £50 scrap mate from the usual fb groups :roll:
Yeah, but as we all know; Arsebook attracts more than its share of (creationist, caulkhead or luddite? ;) ) mentalists.
Rise above that and if you find a way to save the car then all to the good, if you don't, then at least you gave it a chance which is more than most of us would have done, especially with a car that can provide leathery benefits for Tangomite.
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

mach1rob

#36 Post by mach1rob » Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:11 pm

It's the same all over, even on ebay, "will you take £50 for your old car? Collect tonight!" NO **** OFF!! often offends as an answer.

I have a feeling it will be parted out, I may have someone interested in the running gear, so with the interior probably going into the Dolomite, I just need to shift panels and dash bits now. I can't see them being a rapid mover, so may board the loft of the garage out and just bung bits up there out the way until such time they may be required by someone if they don't sell. One day they may be required to keep another on the road.

mach1rob

#37 Post by mach1rob » Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:49 pm

Sadly gone to meet its maker in scrap tin alley. On the plus side there wasn't much not taken off, although due to bugger all interest in 99% of bits they ended up being slung in the boot. The EFi stuff was kept along with several other bits that should keep a few others on the road a while longer.

Once CCOTP is over tomorrow, then I shall be looking at stripping the interior out the Dolomite, and seeing how hard it will or won't be to get the electric windows, central locking and a interior into it. Had a play, and so far the rears are going well, bit more fettling and we'll be ok, the metal bar on the Vitesse seat even slots into the Dolomite brackets, so just a bit of trimming on the base to clear the trans tunnel is in order, although the cover may in fact swap over on the base to the Dolomite frame. More on that on my Dolomite thread.

No one wanted a 1600 S series engine or box, so didn't bother to remove it, no point just to have it sat around making the place look a state.