The misadventures of a fatbloke and 13/60 Herald named Poppy

Post pictures and stories about your cars both present and past. Also post up "blogs" on your restoration projects - the more pictures the better! Note: blog-type threads often get few replies, but are often read by many members, and provide interest and motivation to other enthusiasts so don't be disappointed if you don't get many replies.
kstrutt1

Re: The misadventures of a fatbloke and 13/60 Herald named P

#261 Post by kstrutt1 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:04 pm

We are looking at universities now for my daughter next year,I can see what you mean about skint, it seems the government's assumption is if you jointy earn much more than 40k, before any deductions, you can afford 5 grand a year, I was amazed the living loan does not even cover the accomodation costs.

I will be amazed if my lotus survives the kid's university costs.

Fatbloke

Re: The misadventures of a fatbloke and 13/60 Herald named P

#262 Post by Fatbloke » Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:07 pm

Thanks again for all the advice! :D I knew I could rely on you chaps.

Kevin, It is an expensive time. My eldest is at Westminster in london and no, her cost of living loan doesn't cover the rent by a LONG way! My youngest is looking to go to a dance conservatoire (University for Classical dancers) again in London. However we shouldn't be any worse off than we are now paying for all her various proffesional dance training!

Don't worry, Your Lotus will survive if you want it to. You may not be able to afford to the insurance, petrol, repairs, service parts etc and you might be reduced to forlorn visits to your laid up pride and joy to sit wistfully in the driving seat making "brmmm, brmm" noises and dreaming of flusher times....but it will survive... ;) (Not that I have ever done this....hones! :oops: )
Mike.

A Fatbloke in a Herald