My 1968 Rover P6 S1 Three Thousand Five! A Refreshtoration!!

Post pictures and stories about your cars both present and past. Also post up "blogs" on your restoration projects - the more pictures the better! Note: blog-type threads often get few replies, but are often read by many members, and provide interest and motivation to other enthusiasts so don't be disappointed if you don't get many replies.
Pilkie

Re: My 1968 Rover P6 S1 Three Thousand Five! A Refreshtorati

#51 Post by Pilkie » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:48 pm

Casper saw off a terrier who got close to pissing on my TR6's wheel on the weekend! :P
He was dozing in the shadow of the wheel when he came sniffing by and rudely woke him up! :twisted:
Never seen a dog drag his arse and tail up the road so fast after casper stood tall,hackles all up and clawed his nose! :lol:
Even the great dane thats gets walked past now and then steers clear looking wimpy if he spots him,as I think casper had him as well once! :thumbs:
Attachments
Photo1382 (375x500).jpg
Primed and ready to pounce!
Photo1382 (375x500).jpg (124.74 KiB) Viewed 1722 times
My current fleet!
1971 S2 Rover P6V8 auto,PAS,leather,webasto,14" rostyles,in White/huntsman.
My daily driver since 1999.
1970 Triumph TR6pi,original UK car in Damson.
1968 S1 Rover P6V8 auto,2 owner/43k miles,Arden with sandalwood leather.

tractorman

Re: My 1968 Rover P6 S1 Three Thousand Five! A Refreshtorati

#52 Post by tractorman » Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:58 pm

There's a cocky "Felix-type" cat that comes between nine and ten at night to check where the birds feed. He's got to the stage where he laughs at the dog as he's seen her struggling when out walking. He's also a little cocky - walks right in front of the (usually closed) patio door and will sometimes sit and stare at the dog! Occasionally the theory fails: the door is open most of the time in the summer and the dog can run far and fast enough to ensure the cat gets some exercise - it can get up the six foot larch-lap fence in two seconds flat!

OTOH, there's a tortoise-shell cat along the street who comes out of the garden and frightens the dog - she (the cat) stands and glares, almost checking her claws are sharp enough for the task. The dog rarely goes within ten yards of their house (and only then because of the "sniffs" from the Westie across the road from the cat).

I well remember when I was about ten or twelve that my friend's dog (a farm collie) was sniffing in our shrubbery - bold as brass as he was bigger than our dog - and our bitch was never going to be a challenge (or a conquest!). After a few minutes, the collie was rushing out of the bushes, over a three foot wall and high tailing it back to the farm - with a large black and angry female cat not too far behind! Yes, the cat ruled the roost (we had another cat and the dogs - and some rabbits, but that cat was the boss!)