Restoration of Triang Pedal Car

Post pictures and stories about your cars both present and past. Also post up "blogs" on your restoration projects - the more pictures the better! Note: blog-type threads often get few replies, but are often read by many members, and provide interest and motivation to other enthusiasts so don't be disappointed if you don't get many replies.
Arcnewal

Re: Restoration of Triang Pedal Car

#11 Post by Arcnewal » Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:46 am

rich. wrote:thats lovely, all you need now is some kids :D

JPB wrote:apart from the original Fiat 500 must be the only car you could quite literally restore on your kitchen table. Or did you just risk putting it up there for the photies?.
I put it back together more or less on the table which really didn't seem to impress my partner....

MG Mal

#12 Post by MG Mal » Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:59 am

I put it back together more or less on the table which really didn't seem to impress my partner....
:arrow: :mrgreen:

Fatbloke

#13 Post by Fatbloke » Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:26 am

Mrs FB wasn't impressed when I assembled my brake callipers on the coffee table...or when I assembled the master cylinder on the kitchen top...or with me just being in the house in general come to think of it...! :roll: :(
Mike.

A Fatbloke in a Herald

Fatbloke

#14 Post by Fatbloke » Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:29 am

Great looking pedal car though. I'm had a blue one decked out like a police car when I was a kid in the early 70's. I think it even had a blue light on the bonnet. 8-)

Looked like this.
Attachments
panda2.gif
panda2.gif (19.58 KiB) Viewed 2512 times
Mike.

A Fatbloke in a Herald

JPB

#15 Post by JPB » Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:28 pm

Fatbloke wrote:Image
Panda Patrol? That puts me in mind of a song about pandas. Best I don't post the link but think of alternative titles that some Police Officers attract and there's a definite connection.
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

rich.

#16 Post by rich. » Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:38 pm

aww go on :lol:

JPB

#17 Post by JPB » Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:44 pm

PMing you that link mate. I would put it up to here but someone may take it personally. Once you have the link of course, then it's up to you where you put it next. :thumbs:

Dorset Steam Fair regulars will no doubt be familiar with the thing already. ;)
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

Arcnewal

#18 Post by Arcnewal » Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:02 pm

Had my dad pop over this evening to start putting the decals on, both plates have now been put on and some Triang ones. The side ones will be going on this weekend as they'll take the longest. Already messed up two decals due to the fact that they're not water proof!