Mini Moke

Post pictures and stories about your cars both present and past. Also post up "blogs" on your restoration projects - the more pictures the better! Note: blog-type threads often get few replies, but are often read by many members, and provide interest and motivation to other enthusiasts so don't be disappointed if you don't get many replies.
Ian

Re: Mini Moke

#21 Post by Ian » Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:57 am

It has been mentioned but goodness knows when :? This Thames is an unregistered example which was sadly stored where the interior got damp hence the total lack of camper fittings. The owner had the van painted in this primrose colour after seeing this period film http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRcgE_Zek0M
The elevating roof remains intact and the vehicle is a relaible starter and runner. The owner contemplated putting a V8 in this little motor but thank God he resisted. He is something of a classic ford guru and an all round decent bloke.

If you think the van is awesome, have you checked out our projects page? http://adwautomotive.co.uk/index_5.htm
Strive for perfection in everything you do

JPB

#22 Post by JPB » Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:49 am

That's quite some list. Is the Chalmers from the same outfit that used to be best known for these:
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

Ian

#23 Post by Ian » Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:25 am

Honest answer is, I have no idea, all I know is it is huge and American :lol:

Its like this http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=h ... CDYQ9QEwAg

JPB

#24 Post by JPB » Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:22 pm

:shock: I clicked the link and a little :drool: came out.

A quick Wikipaedola search suggests that Allis-Chalmers and Chalmers were in fact not connected and that the Chalmers who built the cars was the same Chalmers who was behind the NCR company, makers of the world's tills before Casio even existed. It seems that Chalmers was one of the brands that formed Chrysler, most interesting, sorry for the distraction. :oops:
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

Ian

#25 Post by Ian » Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:25 pm

Well, you learn something every day. The Chalmers isn't my sort of thing, I cant help wonder what it would look like channeled and sectioned with a hemi engine up front :lol:

JPB

#26 Post by JPB » Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:11 pm

Well they built tens of thousands of them, the only reason they weren't heard of in most other places being the sheer scale of the USA I suppose. So if somebody modified one example I can't see any of the anally retentive concours types Chalmers aficionados being too upset. After all, it would be great for publicity!
:mrgreen:

Suggest you sneak into your work at dead of night and start the job, they'd thank you eventually. :lol:
J

bnicho

#27 Post by bnicho » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:47 pm

Just found this thread, that Moke looks awesome! :o
Brett Nicholson
1965 Morris Mini Traveller - Trixie
1966 Austin Mini Super-Deluxe - Audrey
1969 Morris Mini Van - Desert Assault Van
1971 Morris Moke - Mopoke
1974 VW Super Beetle - Olive
2009 Nissan Pathfinder

TerryG

#28 Post by TerryG » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:40 pm

That is a serious time zone difference! ;)
Understeer: when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
Oversteer: when you hit the wall with the back of the car.
Horsepower: how fast you hit the wall.
Torque: how far you take the wall with you.