Strada Rebirth

Post pictures and stories about your cars both present and past. Also post up "blogs" on your restoration projects - the more pictures the better! Note: blog-type threads often get few replies, but are often read by many members, and provide interest and motivation to other enthusiasts so don't be disappointed if you don't get many replies.
jerry3

Re: Strada Rebirth

#11 Post by jerry3 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:21 pm

None of my cars are completely standard.
For this project was thinking of subtle tweaks like having the earlier type rear bumper where the number plate sits between the rear lights, remote central locking then I could fit outer door handles with no key holes ( from the rear doors of a 5 door version), paint the car orange with blacked out rear windows and painted black surrounds, that's it so far.

jerry3

#12 Post by jerry3 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:27 pm

These are what my engine bulkhead looks like. This is where the fan motor and wiper mechanism sit.
The car is now pretty much stripped with just the running gear in place.
Did connect a battery before stripping and the only thing that worked was the fuel pump leaking petrol everywhere no dash lights or hazard lights or anything just the fuel pump.
Interesting that the fuel lines and front to back brake pipe are run inside the car

JPB

#13 Post by JPB » Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:35 pm

jerry3 wrote:....Interesting that the fuel lines and front to back brake pipe are run inside the car
That'll be Fiat being concerned about avoiding premature corrosion! :lol:

Funnily enough I was thinking about this thread earlier on as there's a very nice one for sale on eBay right now. Click the image for the link:

Now is that a source of inspiration or what? :D
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

TerryG

#14 Post by TerryG » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:03 pm

I'm glad that land rover don't hold the monopoly on rust holes!

It looks like you are going to have your work "cut out" fixing all that ;)
Understeer: when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
Oversteer: when you hit the wall with the back of the car.
Horsepower: how fast you hit the wall.
Torque: how far you take the wall with you.

bubs

#15 Post by bubs » Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:37 pm

JPB wrote:
jerry3 wrote:....Interesting that the fuel lines and front to back brake pipe are run inside the car
That'll be Fiat being concerned about avoiding premature corrosion! :lol:

Funnily enough I was thinking about this thread earlier on as there's a very nice one for sale on eBay right now. Click the image for the link:

Now is that a source of inspiration or what? :D
Always liked this front more than the rimjob front.....kinda reminded me back in the day of a t bird

75nut

#16 Post by 75nut » Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:49 pm

OMG!! I had 2 x 105TC and a 130TC and I miss my 130TC so much!!

I have been keeping an eye out for a project for ages as I must have another!

Looking forward to updates!

jerry3

#17 Post by jerry3 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:29 pm

Bought replacement doors , boot with spoiler and drivers front wing.
Going to see a replacement roof and some other parts tomorrow night.
Had a small bit of welding to do on boot but all done now.
Removed old boot and everything attached to it.

jerry3

#18 Post by jerry3 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:19 pm

Have also obtained replacement roof, rear floor complete with suspension turrets, front and rear suspension, engine stabilising brace and a few other bits and pieces.
Hopefully be making a start autumn time.

rich.

#19 Post by rich. » Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:18 am

you are a brave lad.. good luck :D

jerry3

#20 Post by jerry3 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:49 pm

I haven't been here for a while but work is progressing slowly due to work commitments.
Have got a new old stock rear wing from Italy for the drivers side and a new old stock A panel for the passenger side.
I have started repairing the rear chassis rail on the drivers side.
Also started to repair drivers side outer sill
My latest thoughts for the project would be to fit front bucket seats that came with it original Recaro's that need retrimming and a full cage.
It's something that I have always wanted. We have plenty of normal cars so don't need another :P
Will repair the sill on the car then remove it to repair the inner middle sill and then the floorpans. Also once removed can clean the inside of the repairs and treat them.
Also treated myself to a new 200l compressor, sand blaster, air fed mask for painting and also a mini belt sander.After I weld a section or get a piece finished I blast it to clean it and then spray so I Know it's as clean as it can get