Project Scim....

Post pictures and stories about your cars both present and past. Also post up "blogs" on your restoration projects - the more pictures the better! Note: blog-type threads often get few replies, but are often read by many members, and provide interest and motivation to other enthusiasts so don't be disappointed if you don't get many replies.
Steve_H_

Project Scim....

#1 Post by Steve_H_ » Wed May 29, 2013 6:58 pm

I've had an a bit of a Scimitar craving for quite a long time, not sure why as most of them I came across were largely sat rotting on peoples driveways and around the back of run down blocks of garages, I guess I just found them strangely appealing... Last weekend I picked this up, its a 79 SE6A, hasn't run in years but seems complete and in fair condition.I just need to put it back together!

And here's a bit of a thread about my adventures collecting it on Piston Heads...
http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topi ... tar+GTE%29

Richard Moss

Re: Project Scim....

#2 Post by Richard Moss » Thu May 30, 2013 10:06 am

Every Scimitar should have Wolfrace wheels - they are just so "right". I must have another Scimitar one day because I really loved my SE6.

kevin

#3 Post by kevin » Thu May 30, 2013 11:48 am

Lovely find a a great new project
Could i be cheeky and ask how much the transporter hire cost? Im picking my singer up from its current storage ina few weeks and am thinking that would be the best and safest way to do it

Kev

Steve_H_

#4 Post by Steve_H_ » Thu May 30, 2013 6:50 pm

The transporter hire was supposed to be £98 but they knocked it down to £70 because of the cock up!

A couple of points, check the strops before you use them. They are a pain to use in general and I didn't notice that one was a bit to caught up to start with, so by the time I got it on and off the car it was beyond use so I lost £20 of my £100 deposit (so much for the discount!).
Oh and be careful with the winch (obviously).

For me it was the only option because most rental car trailers seem to weigh in at about 600kg, so by the time you have a car on the back you are way beyond the legal towing weight of a family car and need the use of big 4x4 or Transit (which I don't have access to).

kevin

#5 Post by kevin » Thu May 30, 2013 7:40 pm

Thanks for that steve. The trailer isnt an option for me either.
I am considering doing some recomissioning works (oils, fluids and new tyres) in its current garage then booking it in for an mot, we will see, good luck with your project

Kev