been busy today

Post pictures and stories about your cars both present and past. Also post up "blogs" on your restoration projects - the more pictures the better! Note: blog-type threads often get few replies, but are often read by many members, and provide interest and motivation to other enthusiasts so don't be disappointed if you don't get many replies.
rich.

Re: been busy today

#11 Post by rich. » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:01 am

how noisy is it on the motorway?

kevin

#12 Post by kevin » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:16 am

rich. wrote:how noisy is it on the motorway?
Its not bad at all to be honest rich, trips along nicely at the legal limit and is quite a pleasant place to be. Top up or top down its fine, comes into its own on the a and b roads however.

Kev

kevin

#13 Post by kevin » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:12 pm

so, been really enjoying my 1992 eunos for the last few weeks but since refurbing the enkies (wheels) i was dissapointed with the view through them at the crusty brakes.

finished work early tonight so thought id do something to sort it out.

id already stripped and rebuilt the brakes last week so it made life easier tonight.
stripped things down again, sanded and repainted the dust covers(?) using etch primer and some satin black

fitted new disks (also took the oppertunity to apply some heat to the calipers and fit new bleed nipples (with a touch of copper ease on the threads))
very pleasing results

flushed the brake fluid completly with new, used ate super blue which is a decent fluid.

job done.

kev :0)

kevin

#14 Post by kevin » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:02 pm

so, tonight i got home a bit late, jacked the front up. stripped the brakes off, painted the dust plate up and fitted the new vented disk and pads. as on the rears, took the opportunity to apply some heat to the bleed nipple...removed it and fitted a new one along with a smear of copper grease. bled the ate super blue through and ticked that side off as complete. just the drivers side tomorrow night and jobs done inc flushing the system through with new ate fluids.

kev

kevin

#15 Post by kevin » Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:44 pm

got home from work at a reasonable time.
front end up in the air, drivers side brakes stripped off and painted up. new bleed nipple fitted, new vented disk and pads fitted (as per the other 3 sides)..reassembled and ate super blue bled through. so thats all new brakes and fluid complete
went to get the manifold heat shield (to clean and paint it) off and discovered that the air box needs to come off as well so that can wait for another day.

kev

kevin

#16 Post by kevin » Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:42 pm

started to sort out my elderly dads garages today. both to clean them out of all the crap and make room for winter storage for my eunos so i can recommission the singer vogue.
i will be skipping the crap, sorting all the tools from when he was a joinery contractor and ebaying them (industrial floor sander etc) and getting this up and running ready to sell to some honda fan

i bought it my dad when he was younger but decided he couldnt kickstart our a10 or commando. its in great shape and most importantly complete. will make a great resto project and hopefully a decent price to help fill the vogue slush fund.
also discovered some new old stock parts i bought many years ago for a honda cb125s (new petrol tank, pair of side panels and a complete exhaust). all brands new and unused. some1 will be interested hopefully eh.

kev