New addition to the family

Post pictures and stories about your cars both present and past. Also post up "blogs" on your restoration projects - the more pictures the better! Note: blog-type threads often get few replies, but are often read by many members, and provide interest and motivation to other enthusiasts so don't be disappointed if you don't get many replies.
soupdragon44

Re: New addition to the family

#11 Post by soupdragon44 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:05 am

Very unusual to see one that hasn't had the main rails welded where the gearbox crossmember fits, looks very sound and being an SL90,very very rare now....... well done :D

3xpendable

#12 Post by 3xpendable » Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:40 pm

Checked the car over on the pit and found no serious issues, though we couldnt get it running properly due to a carb issue. We found water in it and cleaned it all up but it wont run for very long. However we rang it long enough to be happy that it had no knocks or rattles. Upon closer inspection we believe the head gasket was going or gone, so while its off the road we decided to change the headgasket at the same time

In the centre of the photo is the manual timing chain adjuster. Dad says many of these cars were converted to hydraulic self adjusters so the fact this still running the original one justifies the 37,000 mile odometer reading.

Finally, we have take off the wheels to service the front calipers.

2013 Dodge Durango R/T
1965 Ford Anglia 106e Estate (Wagon). LHD.
1964 Ford Anglia 105e Saloon

3xpendable

#13 Post by 3xpendable » Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:18 pm

As a side story, I wanted a model example of each car my family owns. I was pleasantly suprised to find a massive market for model restoration where you can even get custom number plates made up, so I decided to start with a Dinky Vauxhall Viva and Hillman Imp.

As bought from eBay

I drilled the rivet off the bottom and separated the bodyshell and stripped the paint using caustic soda (interestingly the 'new' Nitromors did nothing)

Next job will be to repaint it. Then order number plates
2013 Dodge Durango R/T

3xpendable

#14 Post by 3xpendable » Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:31 am

Top coat is on
2013 Dodge Durango R/T