Post pictures of your pride and joy

Post pictures and stories about your cars both present and past. Also post up "blogs" on your restoration projects - the more pictures the better! Note: blog-type threads often get few replies, but are often read by many members, and provide interest and motivation to other enthusiasts so don't be disappointed if you don't get many replies.
bent8rover

Re: Post pictures of your pride and joy

#21 Post by bent8rover » Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:32 pm

Image oops, sold it

Image driving it

Image fixing it
Vauxhall FB VX4/90, Daimler XJ40, Alfa 33 Mk1 Gold Cloverleaf, Rover 418 GSD

Martin Evans

#22 Post by Martin Evans » Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:34 pm

Deja vu :!: Same cars, different site.

We'll start with the car I've owned longest. It's the 1979 MG Midget, that I've owned since 1984. It now has over 100 bhp, an overdrive gearbox and a Quaife diff. The picture is taken on one of my favourite runs, alongside Ponsticill reservoir.

Next is the MGB GT V8, that my father bought in 1985. He bought it off the original owner, when it had 32000 on the clock (It now has 46000). It has a Holley carb, SD1 gearbox and Quaife diff. Like the Midget, it has improved trim and paintwork. I "Aquired" it in 2003 and my father has moved on to something smaller; a 1275 Midget.

My runabout is this 1971 Morris Minor Traveller. It has a 1275 Midget engine, Ford 5 speed gearbox, Quaife diff and Marina front disc brakes. Although it is my runabout, I don't use it a lot as I commute to work by bicycle (I have five bicycles but I tend to use only two of them for commuting). Despite being bought as a runabout, I very much enjoy driving the Morris. It shares a garage with the two MGs.

My parents are both retired and they too own just classic cars. My mother has a 1978 MGB GT and my father the 1972 MG Midget.

One of my bikes dates from 1980 (It is not one of the daily rides though I have covered tens of thousands of miles on this bike) and has a handbuilt Reynolds 531 "Nelson" frame and period Campag running gear.

I also have a very small share in a steam loco (Probably a lump of coal), which I have driven. Its'a 1949 0-6-0 PannierTank.

Rules exist for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men.

MG Midget 1500, MGB GT V8, Morris Minor Traveller 1275, MG Midget 1275 & too many bicycles.

admin
Site Admin

#23 Post by admin » Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:23 pm

Great thread - thanks See Ya, and thank you all for posting on this lovely new forum. Here's some of my cars...

Susan the Vitesse, and Helen the wife. Susan is the first car i ever bought, and i'll never sell her. Helen is also my first ever wife and ditto... And yes the electrical tape on the driverside corner is structural...

My awful Austin, destined to spend many years resting on trailers and in yards unless i get my finger out.

Sabine my Saab 900 Turbo, currently resting.

Plus some more which i may post later...

When i can work out how to get the pics to work. I really am a duffer at this.

bent8rover

#24 Post by bent8rover » Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:05 pm

Black shirt?
Hairdo?
Trailer?

I spots a Keith Adams 8-)

mach1rob

#25 Post by mach1rob » Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:41 am

admin wrote:Great thread - thanks See Ya, and thank you all for posting on this lovely new forum. Here's some of my cars...

Susan the Vitesse, and Helen the wife. Susan is the first car i ever bought, and i'll never sell her. Helen is also my first ever wife and ditto... And yes the electrical tape on the driverside corner is structural...

My awful Austin, destined to spend many years resting on trailers and in yards unless i get my finger out.

Sabine my Saab 900 Turbo, currently resting.

Plus some more which i may post later...

When i can work out how to get the pics to work. I really am a duffer at this.
Flickr are awkward burying the hyperlinks, at least photobucket give you the image links :)

Martin Evans

#26 Post by Martin Evans » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:10 am

Some forums (I think the Morris Minor OC is one) have the facility to upload photos. I expect these must require massive amounts of server space.

MG Midget 1500, MGB GT V8, Morris Minor Traveller 1275, MG Midget 1275 & too many bicycles.

Ian Stanford

#27 Post by Ian Stanford » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:01 pm

A couple of pics taken earlier in the year:

Image - the runabout,

now undergoing an engine rebuild.

Image - the weekend cruiser,

finished for the time being.

Cheers,

Ian
Ian Stanford, Co Waterford, Ireland
1990 XJ-S V12, 1973 Fiat 500R, 1973 BMW 2002

Luxobarge

#28 Post by Luxobarge » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:24 pm

Thanks for all the great pictures so far - we've now created this new section for your cars and resto projects, so do keep posting, but perhaps start a new thread for each member if you like.

Cheers! :D
Some people are like Slinkies - they serve no useful purpose, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them downstairs.

Martin Evans

#29 Post by Martin Evans » Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:02 am

How about making this a sticky :idea: :?:

Mrotwoman
Location: We're gonna have a breakdance party,breakdance all night long.

#30 Post by Mrotwoman » Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:10 pm

'Barney' .. my 1984 Maestro 1.3 HLE

My 1982 BMW E21 316
..with added metalflake paint,when the suns out (never) ,looks like so :-

My van with parking ticket as ever :lol:

Next project .. E30 320i convertible,must get my finger out and tow it back to the barn.
My beloved P5B,sold in a moment of poverty.
Have you forgotten that once we were brought here we were robbed of our names,robbed of our language,we lost our religion,our culture,our God? And many of us by the way we act,we even lost our minds.