Post pictures of your pride and joy

Post pictures and stories about your cars both present and past. Also post up "blogs" on your restoration projects - the more pictures the better! Note: blog-type threads often get few replies, but are often read by many members, and provide interest and motivation to other enthusiasts so don't be disappointed if you don't get many replies.
JPB

Re: Post pictures of your pride and joy

#51 Post by JPB » Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:22 pm

:D
This is a mate's, so not my P & J, but hey, let's get the farm machinery thing going:

Judith's older and better-looking sister perhaps? :D

Image :oops:

C'mon, Oldcarnut, post up some teuchters' Ferraris please.
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

Oldcarnut

#52 Post by Oldcarnut » Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:41 pm

Thanks Luxo.How did you know I was a former PC forum user? Anyway when I say" classic tractors " I actually mean only two types, that's a Davy Brown 885 that was sold last year, and at present a Leyland 282 Turbo.There is always something to be done with the leyland.Ohhhhhhh! where do I start :roll: .she had the cab restored before we got her, but not much wiring which we did.Brakes were causing a bit of bother too.They were new discs put in but they still stuck even to the point that they got very hot one day on a run :oops: .The clutch hydraulics also gave trouble.Lots of different slave/master cylinders fitted until we got a new one that was not for the model, but was made to fit :roll: .New steering ram put in, the old one was a big pain to remove.New left side brake cylinder.New lift pump, new battery,new front tyres.She needs new seals in gearbox behind the inboard brakes and another under the gearbox cover.Oh she is the synchro model which is sweet :D.

Oh this section is only for pics, and here is me ranting :oops: .

I have loads of more other tractors that I took at shows if anyone wants them.

MG Mal

#53 Post by MG Mal » Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:46 pm

Other halfs 62K former Unipart test car. (Grace)

My 28k 1 Previous Owner last white Mg efi Built (some registered later, but this was the last white MG EFI Built!)

My 77 MG BGT (taken at the Mg Northern National a few years ago.)

Last edited by MG Mal on Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JPB

#54 Post by JPB » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:51 pm

Oldcarnut wrote:......I have loads of more other tractors that I took at shows if anyone wants them.
:mrgreen:
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

Oldcarnut

#55 Post by Oldcarnut » Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:10 pm

:oops: :oops: What I meant to say was if you want to see the pics, not if you want the tractors.

JPB

#56 Post by JPB » Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:33 pm

Awww, I was trying to picture the sight of a bloke walking out of a show, one tractor under each arm... :D

Pictures of tractors are surely welcome anywhere that enthusiasts gather? Someone, anyone, please agree!

Maybe there should be a separate thread for tractor piccies, but since there isn't, have another, this one looks cute:
J

Ian Stanford

#57 Post by Ian Stanford » Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:30 pm

Seen last year at a show in Co. Kilkenny:

V12 twin turbo.....
Ian Stanford, Co Waterford, Ireland
1990 XJ-S V12, 1973 Fiat 500R, 1973 BMW 2002

Oldcarnut

#58 Post by Oldcarnut » Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:20 pm

I have that already in my collection Ian.

JPB

#59 Post by JPB » Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:55 pm

:shock: That's almost the maddest tractor I ever saw. Almost, but not quite......

Image :mrgreen:
J

trigger

#60 Post by trigger » Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:37 pm

Oldcarnut wrote:Trigger, you're kadett is in excellent condition, its like she is just after coming out of the factory.
Thank you Mr Nut!, It is a little gem, And as far as i know it's the only Kadett B saloon left in the UK, unless anyone knows any different!.

Great video as well by the way, I've never seen it before.
1972 Opel Kadett B 1200