Post pictures of your pride and joy

Post pictures and stories about your cars both present and past. Also post up "blogs" on your restoration projects - the more pictures the better! Note: blog-type threads often get few replies, but are often read by many members, and provide interest and motivation to other enthusiasts so don't be disappointed if you don't get many replies.
rich.

Re: Post pictures of your pride and joy

#251 Post by rich. » Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:35 pm

nice! more pics of the hilux please :)

alabbasi

#252 Post by alabbasi » Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:00 pm

TerryG wrote:For those that can't interpret the link from above:
A friend of mine has one of those with a 327ci small block chevy engine, mated to a 911 turbo gearbox. It's quite terrifying.

JPB

#253 Post by JPB » Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:30 am

alabbasi wrote:...A friend of mine has one of those with a 327ci small block chevy engine, mated to a 911 turbo gearbox. It's quite terrifying.

And a massive amount of extra work compared to using a FWD transaxle, such as the commercial Renault one favoured by kit builders. ISTR that the 911 transaxle uses bearings of different size on either side of the CW&P, so the casings would presumably have had to be built up then machined from scratch to enable the diff to be rotated.
Respect due to anyone who'd do all of that rather than take the "easy" ( :lol: ) option.
Or was it terrifying as a result of having six reverse gears and only the one for going forwards?
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

GHT

#254 Post by GHT » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:14 pm

If you look down the left lane production line, go back six cars, that one is mine. I recognise it by the blob of bird $h%t on the roof.

Here's mine again, trouble was back then, all cars were made black and white.
breeze.jpg
breeze.jpg (94.78 KiB) Viewed 27800 times

vulgalour

#255 Post by vulgalour » Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:49 pm

Old classic and new classic.

toadoverload

#256 Post by toadoverload » Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:17 pm

Hi all, just joined today.

This is my 1967 Volvo 121.

I've owned her for 6 years.

I found her on the internet and bought her unseen from a bloke near Belfast. This is the first car I've owned. The drive back to London was terrifying and hugely enjoyable in equal measure. I've made a few changes over the years like popping in an alternator and constantly fiddling with previous owners bodged electrics.

I've driven her to Mull and back with the only mishap happening when I drove off with handbrake on!

Most recently I had the engine rebuilt using a 2 litre B20 from a Volvo 144.

JPB

#257 Post by JPB » Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:17 pm

:drool:
Best colour ever seen on the 120 series cars! (and 140s, IMHO) That's lovely, so lovely that we can forgive it for the whole running out of fuel thing as mentioned in that other thread. :mrgreen:

And what a great choice for a first car, so much cooler than anything currently available from a dealer's showroom I reckon.
:thumbs:
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

toadoverload

#258 Post by toadoverload » Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:10 pm

I took the plunge last week and did the required gymnastics (I'm a big fella) to get under the dashboard and fix the fuel gauge. Turns out some b****** had attached the wrong wire to the gauge. Only took me 6 years to sort! I did look at new fiestas at the time of buying (shudder).

rich.

#259 Post by rich. » Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:12 pm

toadoverload wrote: I did look at new fiestas at the time of buying (shudder).
nothing to be ashamed of mate... we all have moments of weakness..i was looking at a new duster yesterday :oops:

JPB

#260 Post by JPB » Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:32 pm

rich. wrote:I was looking at a new duster yesterday :oops:
Nowt wrong with a spot of housework mate, I find that Minky microfibre dusters are very effective but that Dacia Dusters leave muddy tyre marks all over the furniture.
Oops, did I say "Minky"?
J