Post pictures of your pride and joy

Post pictures and stories about your cars both present and past. Also post up "blogs" on your restoration projects - the more pictures the better! Note: blog-type threads often get few replies, but are often read by many members, and provide interest and motivation to other enthusiasts so don't be disappointed if you don't get many replies.
rich.

Re: Post pictures of your pride and joy

#261 Post by rich. » Sun May 01, 2016 6:54 am

:lol:
for some reason i find those dacia dusters strangely attractive... :oops:

TerryG

#262 Post by TerryG » Sun May 01, 2016 10:27 am

Too much wine perhaps?
Understeer: when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
Oversteer: when you hit the wall with the back of the car.
Horsepower: how fast you hit the wall.
Torque: how far you take the wall with you.

rich.

#263 Post by rich. » Mon May 02, 2016 6:00 am

i was in the local renault dealership getting a price for a mirror glass for the clio... i think the new duster was the same price!

TerryG

#264 Post by TerryG » Mon May 02, 2016 5:32 pm

Haven't you got le ebay or le breakersyard.com to get mirror glass at a reasonable price in the land of frogs legs and onions?
Understeer: when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
Oversteer: when you hit the wall with the back of the car.
Horsepower: how fast you hit the wall.
Torque: how far you take the wall with you.

JPB

#265 Post by JPB » Mon May 02, 2016 5:40 pm

^^^ I too wondered this. Also, I would sooner admit to being the phantom raspberry blower than admit to having set foot in a building filled with modern Renaults.

:P
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

rich.

#266 Post by rich. » Wed May 04, 2016 5:00 am

TerryG wrote:Haven't you got le ebay or le breakersyard.com to get mirror glass at a reasonable price in the land of frogs legs and onions?
i needed a seat belt clip thingy & went to the local breakers yard to get a replacement, €20 & it didnt work either so i bought a new one from the dealership at about €38... mirror glass was €36 :shock: we have ordered one off amazon for €20...i will let you know how i get on..

EOO

#267 Post by EOO » Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:24 pm

[attachment=0]eoo331.jpg[/attachment]
My old volvo 265GLE just past its MOT after 12 years of the road
Attachments
eoo331.jpg
eoo331.jpg (8.04 KiB) Viewed 40338 times

Toledo Man

#268 Post by Toledo Man » Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:59 pm

Here is my latest acquisition, a 1995 BMW 318i SE saloon.
Toledo Man

1972 Triumph Dolomite 1850 auto (NYE 751L)
2008 Citroen Grand C4 Picasso 2.0 HDi Exclusive (MA08 WCL)
1995 BMW 318i (M265 PNC)
1991 Toyota Celica GT (J481 ONB)

Paul240480

#269 Post by Paul240480 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:45 pm

For some strange reason I sold this:
The Tank lives on mind :thumbs:
Replaced with a Bangernomic:
Mind you the 240 was a Bangernomic when I bought it ;)

Martin Evans

#270 Post by Martin Evans » Thu May 26, 2022 2:52 pm

Sadly I am now able to add another to my collection, which hasn't changed in nearly 20 years. I say sadly because the red Midget belonged to my father, who died at the beginning of 2021.

He bought the car in 2006, with the intention of just using it but I have finally realised that my father enjoyed having something on the go, more than any other aspect of car ownership. He was very much into a nice interior and I think that's what first got his attention and things just developed from there. In May 2019, he suffered a heart attack and the car job was pretty moribund. He wasn't always easy to help, as he seemed to spend a lot of time in thought (You might say savoring the moment). Whilst I don't mind the jobs, for me, they are still basically a means to and end.

In 2019, I suggested he let me finish off what was outstanding (Basically putting the engine back together, some brake and wiring work and the door drop glass....which I think he had left for a rainy day), whilst he recuperated. Understanding his sense of humour, I added that, as it was, I wouldn't live to see it finished. He agreed but said he wanted to sell the car. I simply said better to sell it in one piece but I paid no particular heed to it. I did the job right, as it would have seemed wrong to not do so, after what he had done so far. Also, if he changed his mind, he'd want it right and if it was to be sold, why give people excuses to pick holes in it?

By the early Summer of 2020, it was ready but by then, symptoms, displayed in 2019 (When my father was in hospital) and which were attributed to a "Viral" infection, had become chronic and days after the first test run, he was taken into hospital, where rectal cancer was finally discovered (I am still seeking answers :twisted: ). Due to Covid, I could only visit weekly. Soon after, I fitted the Revolution wheels and I sent a photo (The one taken on my parents' drive) into the hospital, along with other things my father wanted. When I next saw him, he told me he didn't want to sell the Midget and although we didn't then know how little time we had left, he wanted to put the car into my name there and then. I said not to be silly but did ask why he wanted to do this. It was basically because he wanted me to keep it after his days, so I said I would look after it when the time came but the priority was to get better!! The time came sooner than expected (I must say communication and coordination was appalling and I don't think Covid had anything to do with it) and I now have another car to care for (I was caring for it anyway) but even when one or other property is sold, I should be able to manage this unplanned addition to the garage. If my mother does the same with her MGB GT, then it really will get like a sardine tin but I will have to cross that bridge at the time.

Due to various things, besides the above, my Morris Minor Traveller has been in dry dock, waiting it's turn or even giving up it's place to the red Midget (I also have my black Midget 1500). I am now doing the jobs I wanted to do to the Morris.

I must say there can't be many times when a heart attack is a blessing in disguise but had it not happened, I might not have had an opportunity to get on with the Midget and I'd have had little incentive, after my father died, to do much with it. To that end, it's been the most satisfying "Project" of the lot....even though when I finished "My" Midget, in 1990, I said there would be no more; I had got to where I wanted to get. It's an economical car and I like driving it. Being more or less standard (77bhp - I was able to show my father the power plot, just three weeks before the end), it is perhaps under less strain than my modified 1500. The 1500 has longer legs and overdrive, so I suppose it's a case of picking the car for the route. My father wanted his remains taken to Prescott Hillclimb and as I was to plant an oak sapling, at the same time, I needed to do it late Winter/early Spring. I never spoke of losing the fight but I asked him what car he next wanted to go to Prescott in and he said an open one (Even though his all time favorite was the BGT V8), so at the end of February, I chose a fine day and we set off for Prescott, in the red Midget. I drove up the hill one last time and then interred my father's remains beneath the tree. I hadn't previously known what to make of my father's wishes but as the Sun shone and I looked over the Vale of Evesham or towards the Malvern Hills, I reflected that there are worse places to spend eternity.
Attachments
Cooper Mk8_JAP.jpg
Cooper Mk8_JAP.jpg (86.19 KiB) Viewed 2938 times
IMG_0279c.jpg
IMG_0279c.jpg (249.51 KiB) Viewed 2938 times
IMG_0187.JPG
IMG_0187.JPG (198.04 KiB) Viewed 2938 times
IMG_0200.jpg
IMG_0200.jpg (254.56 KiB) Viewed 2938 times
22 7 20.JPG
22 7 20.JPG (229.15 KiB) Viewed 2938 times
Rules exist for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men.

MG Midget 1500, MGB GT V8, Morris Minor Traveller 1275, MG Midget 1275 & too many bicycles.