1954 MG TF1500 project 2012,Done and sold,WHAT TO DO NEXT?

Post pictures and stories about your cars both present and past. Also post up "blogs" on your restoration projects - the more pictures the better! Note: blog-type threads often get few replies, but are often read by many members, and provide interest and motivation to other enthusiasts so don't be disappointed if you don't get many replies.
rich.

Re: 1954 MG TF1500 project 2012,Done and sold,WHAT TO DO NEX

#41 Post by rich. » Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:04 pm

what did you do to upset him?? :lol:

TerryG

#42 Post by TerryG » Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:12 pm

JPB wrote:it's sod all use for anything else.
That's not quite true, if you leave it in the can you could use it as a door stop.
Understeer: when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
Oversteer: when you hit the wall with the back of the car.
Horsepower: how fast you hit the wall.
Torque: how far you take the wall with you.

JPB

#43 Post by JPB » Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:21 pm

rich. wrote:what did you do to upset him?? :lol:
I wrote to him courtesy of Channel Five and asked if he could offer any advice for someone who was considering selling a secondhand Vauxhall Cavalier and needed to "adjust" the odometer a little, seeing as I'd heard that he was au fait with that particular procedure. His legal representative wrote to inform me that Mister Willson would rather I didn't attempt to contact him again, even in connection with the question of scalp care products. :?
I'd assumed that he would appreciate the publicity. :|
TerryG wrote:
JPB wrote:it's sod all use for anything else.
That's not quite true, if you leave it in the can you could use it as a door stop.
Hmm, maybe I should purchase a can and give it a try in that rôle? :lol:
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

megadethmaniac

#44 Post by megadethmaniac » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:02 pm

You mean to say its not a miracle cure for knackered engines???? One can doesn`t magically heal scratches in the bores increase compression and generally cure every engines ills?

But I always trusted him, Tiff, Jezza and the Hampster to give me truly impartial and honest motoring advice.

Next thing you`ll be telling me is that a Ferarri Enzo isn`t the ideal tip run car or was it the Land Rover Supersport, ideal for getting into those tight little parking spaces in town?

Only TV motoring correspondent that I have seen and don`t treat as pure entertainment is James May.

Wasn`t there a similar product ages ago that claimed to do much the same (STP?) that claimed to coat the internals with a coating of what the non stick pans have on them.

JPB

#45 Post by JPB » Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:04 pm

megadethmaniac wrote:....Wasn`t there a similar product ages ago that claimed to do much the same (STP?) that claimed to coat the internals with a coating of what the non stick pans have on them.
:?:
Bits of caramelised onion that have been cooked at least once every day since 1997, egg yolk that's now a structural part of the pan and crumbs from that fried bread I built one breakfast time in 2008 when Heather came to stay. There's what coats my non-stick pan. :oops:
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

Pilkie

#46 Post by Pilkie » Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:27 pm

To get the 1964 Manky Moggy,"Mr Manky" back on the road after 25yrs asleep in his dry garage,he has been fitted with new brakes,4 new tyres,replacement top trunnion,new steering rack gaiters,a new dynamo,and a bargain £50 recon engine that runs very sweet. THATS IT!!!
All the electrics work,and there was no welding required,as its VERY!! solid underneath.
Gearbox and axle are both ok.
He passed his MOT last thursday with a couple of cautious advisories by Mr MOT!
He was taxed on monday,and had his first drive out to loosen up anything that needs it.
He will need a little tuning and fettling to get everything performing near to its best!
The interior is shot,exterior is not very pretty,so it stands a great chance of winning Dog of the day at a few local shows.
My current fleet!
1971 S2 Rover P6V8 auto,PAS,leather,webasto,14" rostyles,in White/huntsman.
My daily driver since 1999.
1970 Triumph TR6pi,original UK car in Damson.
1968 S1 Rover P6V8 auto,2 owner/43k miles,Arden with sandalwood leather.

tractorman

#47 Post by tractorman » Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:00 pm

Well done Pilkie, I had forgotten that this thread is about your cars - I was just looking to see how the "snake oil" discussion has been doing!

It's nice to see another Moggie coming back to health, you just need a little T-cut and it will be fit for the shows!!

Pilkie

#48 Post by Pilkie » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:07 am

T-CUT!!
More like wire wool! :lol:
Its going to be left as is for now,in all its manky glory,just like the Minor in a recent PC mag.
I hope to meet up with the owner and try to get both cars to a local show!

ps!!!
If you are the owner of said Minor in the Bristol area,please PM or E me for a natter!

Unless it gets sold to somebody who wants, "The rat look",or wants to restore a solid up and running traveller to exactly how they want it,I may restore it over the winter months.
In other words if the right offer is forthcoming it will be sold!
But it wont be sold blind,you will have to look at it first!!

There is another possible winter resto project I have to go and investigate this weekend!!
Which,if it turns out to be as described,will take priority over Mr Manky.

Regards Dave
My current fleet!
1971 S2 Rover P6V8 auto,PAS,leather,webasto,14" rostyles,in White/huntsman.
My daily driver since 1999.
1970 Triumph TR6pi,original UK car in Damson.
1968 S1 Rover P6V8 auto,2 owner/43k miles,Arden with sandalwood leather.