My Sinclair C5

Post pictures and stories about your cars both present and past. Also post up "blogs" on your restoration projects - the more pictures the better! Note: blog-type threads often get few replies, but are often read by many members, and provide interest and motivation to other enthusiasts so don't be disappointed if you don't get many replies.
kamilb1998

My Sinclair C5

#1 Post by kamilb1998 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:21 pm

I've always wanted one and one finally came up cheap (£175) so I bought it! :D It had been stood in a barn since 1988 and had seen very little use but was complete. I collected it a couple of weeks after laying down a deposit and got straight down to cleaning it (took a while). I pedalled it around for a couple of days before getting a battery for it. I wasn't really expecting the electrics to work but they did! It even came with all the original paperwork (which came through the post along with the keys a couple of days after I collected the C5, only expecting the keys, I ripped the envelope open ripping all the original paperwork about 1/4 way down :'( so all of it is now held together with sellotape.), toolkit, charger and quality assurance sticker :D. Everyone loves it and I haven't made a journey on it yet without getting a thumbs up or a wave. Anyway here's some pictures, let me know what you think!

In the barn where it was stored;

On the way home;

Before a clean;

After a clean;

Miscellaneous;
Kamil

What are dreams for, if not to come true?
1988 Jaguar XJ40 Sovereign 3.6

vintagemotor

Re: My Sinclair C5

#2 Post by vintagemotor » Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:08 pm

Certainly different. Looks loads better for having a wash and brush up :)
“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena"

Landy Mann

#3 Post by Landy Mann » Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:28 pm

vintagemotor wrote:Certainly different. Looks loads better for having a wash and brush up :)
Very impressive, being plastic is an advantage sometimes then! (as well as not denting)
http://www.landymann.co.uk

Always check that your not about to reverse over your tool box before moving the car...

200tdi Land Rover Defender CSW http://www.practicallyclassics.co.uk/vi ... =12&t=1801

JPB

Ghey trike! ;-)

#4 Post by JPB » Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:45 pm

Nice. I could imagine that with a nice jet engine in place of the 1/3bhp electric one.

Like THIS for example. :twisted:
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

Phil_G

Re: Ghey trike! ;-)

#5 Post by Phil_G » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:10 pm

JPB wrote:Nice. I could imagine that with a nice jet engine in place of the 1/3bhp electric one.

Like THIS for example. :twisted:

1/3hp? I regularly fit swimming pool pumps that make more power than that!..

Looks like fun pal - enjoy it :)

Mrotwoman
Location: We're gonna have a breakdance party,breakdance all night long.

#6 Post by Mrotwoman » Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:52 pm

I love that,nice one 8-)
Have you forgotten that once we were brought here we were robbed of our names,robbed of our language,we lost our religion,our culture,our God? And many of us by the way we act,we even lost our minds.

Fred J

#7 Post by Fred J » Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:24 pm

They were assembled at the Hoover factory in Cambuslang, Scotland.
The factory had a large canteen and I remember hearing that there was trouble cause by some people racing C5's round it

JPB

#8 Post by JPB » Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:49 pm

Fred J wrote:They were assembled at the Hoover factory in Cambuslang, Scotland.
The factory had a large canteen and I remember hearing that there was trouble cause by some people racing C5's round it
:lol: Surely that was the electric trike equivalent of the new car PDI and "road" test?
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

Fred J

#9 Post by Fred J » Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:31 pm

I don't know about PDI as I heard it was more like Ben Hur and the silent death.