My Jensen

Post pictures and stories about your cars both present and past. Also post up "blogs" on your restoration projects - the more pictures the better! Note: blog-type threads often get few replies, but are often read by many members, and provide interest and motivation to other enthusiasts so don't be disappointed if you don't get many replies.
Pymmie

My Jensen

#1 Post by Pymmie » Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:42 pm

My Early Mk3 Interceptor

South West Rep
Jensen Owners Club

PRK 34K - 6276cc V8

jagdude

Re: My Jensen

#2 Post by jagdude » Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:42 am

More pics??? (and lots of them!)

Jim

Pymmie

#3 Post by Pymmie » Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:34 am

More Pics

This is an early Mk3 , less than 400 RHD made , still having the 6.3 V8 left over from the Mk 1 & 2's

With over 3500 Mk3's made this is now a rare car.

Spec includes PAS EW AC CL Leather , Wilton Carpet, 8 track ,
Elec Aerial & Fuel Flap , Sundym Glass , Vented Discs

325BHP 0-60 7.5secs 137mph

Check out the Jensen Forum : http://www.joc.org.uk/phpBB2/index.php
South West Rep
Jensen Owners Club

PRK 34K - 6276cc V8

JoshWard

#4 Post by JoshWard » Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:01 am

Mmm one of my dream cars, and what a lovely colour too 8-)
1975 Morris Marina 1.8 SDL

alabbasi

#5 Post by alabbasi » Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:13 am

I really want one of those. So badly that I almost traded my very nice Mercedes Benz 450SEL 6.9 for one with a 383 and was partially disassembled. There is one locally that has been for sale and rotting in a field for a decade. The guy who owned it passed away and his wife asked this guy to sell it. He wants way too much given the cars current condition but he wont budge on the price. In his own words: "The lady said I can keep anything over xxxx so it it does not sell for $1000 over that, then it can rot there forever for all i care".

Quite sad, and I now have a great welder working for me.

jagdude

#6 Post by jagdude » Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:36 am

I was just a kid pumping petrol on the forecourt of a large garage when I saw my first Interceptor. Man they are beautiful cars!

Jim

jagdude

#7 Post by jagdude » Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:38 am

alabbasi wrote:I really want one of those. So badly that I almost traded my very nice Mercedes Benz 450SEL 6.9 for one with a 383 and was partially disassembled. There is one locally that has been for sale and rotting in a field for a decade. The guy who owned it passed away and his wife asked this guy to sell it. He wants way too much given the cars current condition but he wont budge on the price. In his own words: "The lady said I can keep anything over xxxx so it it does not sell for $1000 over that, then it can rot there forever for all i care".

Quite sad, and I now have a great welder working for me.
Someone need to tell that lady what a scuzzball she has selling that car! I seriously doubt that she'd be happy to know that unless the slime gets some cash she's likely to get nothing except a bill for towing a rusted-out hulk to a scrapyard.

alabbasi

#8 Post by alabbasi » Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:03 am

jagdude wrote:Someone need to tell that lady what a scuzzball she has selling that car! I seriously doubt that she'd be happy to know that unless the slime gets some cash she's likely to get nothing except a bill for towing a rusted-out hulk to a scrapyard.
If I could, I would but I have no way of knowing who she is. My buddy used to work for this fellow about 11 years ago and he told me about the car. He drove it onto the lot when he first took it in. In all fairness to the guy, he is running a business so it's only right that he should get a cut from the deal given that he has stored the car for the last 10 years. However, I suspect that the owner has no idea how the car has deteriorated over time and still expects it to be a show winner.

I just bought a 78 Jaguar XJ12 in the same situation. It was a one owner car. The guy owned a factory and did not seem to like selling his cars so stopped driving it in 1986 and parked it at the factory. It is solid and complete but a non runner. The guy agreed to sell it to me for 1/3 of the advertized price. He had no skin in the game and was helping out the deceased owner's wife.

After getting no calls for 6 weeks on it, he already had an idea that the price was off.

I'll keep pinging the guy with the Jensen. While typing this response, I had a thought of maybe approaching him with an offer of letting me speak to the owner and if we agree on a sale, I will pay him $500 on top. It should be a good deal for him as the car is on his lot, so there is no way that i'll be getting around my commitment (you really don't want to be on a mans property in rural Texas if you're not welcome :) )

alabbasi

#9 Post by alabbasi » Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:51 am

I ended up buying one in Tampa Florida. It needs lots of work but should be a nice challenge.

Pymmie

#10 Post by Pymmie » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:29 pm

Now in the Sprayshop , New arches , valances , door & respray.

Oh plus a retrim !

South West Rep
Jensen Owners Club

PRK 34K - 6276cc V8