My Jensen

Post pictures and stories about your cars both present and past. Also post up "blogs" on your restoration projects - the more pictures the better! Note: blog-type threads often get few replies, but are often read by many members, and provide interest and motivation to other enthusiasts so don't be disappointed if you don't get many replies.
tractorman

Re: My Jensen

#41 Post by tractorman » Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:06 am

I suspect he took a look, sucked some air and said "This looks like a bigger job than I thought."

JPB

#42 Post by JPB » Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:11 am

tractorman wrote:I suspect he took a look, sucked some air and said "This looks like a bigger job than I thought."
:shock: :lol:
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

Arcnewal

#43 Post by Arcnewal » Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:16 pm

I'm a JOC member and have only just noticed that he has posted photos of his big day, shows how much I go on there :oops:.
After the usual Jensen hiccups we finally got married yesterday! What a week! The altenator belt snapped on the Mk1 & Mark's car was fixed late on Friday evening!
Aren't Jensens wonderful!

http://www.joc.org.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=18362

JPB

#44 Post by JPB » Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:11 pm

Marvellous! For those of us who don’t know and can't be arsed with trying to open the relevant wiki - in a new tab on a 5" screen when it's raining in the bar and people are jostling to get a good look at the Belgians - please tell us: Do these have steering by means of a dirty great big box with the potential for sloppy behaviour in its declining years or a nice, tight rack with just the right amount of support courtesy of the miracle of hydraulics?
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

rich.

#45 Post by rich. » Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:35 am

JPB wrote:
tractorman wrote:I suspect he took a look, sucked some air and said "This looks like a bigger job than I thought."
:shock: :lol:
just caught up with this thread.. you can be so cruel chaps.... have you been speaking to her.....funnily, several years later she cant wait for me to work away... the longer im away the better :lol: :lol: :lol:

Pymmie

#46 Post by Pymmie » Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:26 pm

Thanks for all the kind / cruel words chaps...

Unfortunately it wasnt finished in time for the wedding.

It doesn't help when the trimmer goes AWOL and loses your trim

I did mange to use two local cars for the wedding. A early Mk1 115/2584 & a very nice SP with refurbed and uprated engine

South West Rep
Jensen Owners Club

PRK 34K - 6276cc V8

JPB

#47 Post by JPB » Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:53 pm

We do love happy endings and I guess it counts as one of those since your nuptials were at least not a Jensen free zone. Congrats!

:idea: You could always become a Mormon, which it would seem is a route into legitimised polygamy :thumbs: , and use your own car at your next wedding! I think a typical Mormon marriage features about five women to each man but it's possible that I dreamt that part. ;)
J

Penguin45

#48 Post by Penguin45 » Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:25 pm

Five mother-in-laws........?

P45.

Arcnewal

#49 Post by Arcnewal » Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:13 pm

Pymmie wrote:It doesn't help when the trimmer goes AWOL and loses your trim
What trim has been lost, Pymmie? I have may have some spare trim bits.

Pymmie

#50 Post by Pymmie » Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:39 pm

Thanks for the offer Arcnewal

I'm sure my trimmer will locate them. He's trying to do too much

As mines a G series Mk3 it has footwell vents like the Mk1/2's

I'm also missing A pillar trim , padded section above rear seats

Also the leather trim on the bottom of the dash.

I'm missing ALL chrome door trim leant to him as a 'favour'

You live and learn !
South West Rep
Jensen Owners Club

PRK 34K - 6276cc V8