Alvis TA14 Mulliners Saloon Restoration

Post pictures and stories about your cars both present and past. Also post up "blogs" on your restoration projects - the more pictures the better! Note: blog-type threads often get few replies, but are often read by many members, and provide interest and motivation to other enthusiasts so don't be disappointed if you don't get many replies.
tractorman

Re: Alvis TA14 Mulliners Saloon Restoration

#71 Post by tractorman » Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:16 pm

More excellent work here! Even more commendable when you see how little space there is to work - I moan if I have less than a metre all round the vehicle!!

pryantcc

#72 Post by pryantcc » Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:48 pm

Lovely work, keep the updates coming!

Mash

#73 Post by Mash » Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:06 pm

Thanks, yeah space is at a premium, always moving things and clearing up. I've probably spent half as long doing that as I have on the car! Just pleased I've got somewhere to do it out of the weather though.

It must be about 3 years since I first realised some work was going to have to be done on the doors and the most long lasting treatment would involve removing the door skins. Since this, I've spent ages thinking and researching to try and find the best way to do it and have at last come up with a method I think seems reasonable.

I've noted it all down hopefully fairly clearly so others can compare notes, suggest different ways, etc.

Apologies for the scruffy handwriting, it was never one of my strong points!

JPB

#74 Post by JPB » Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:03 pm

I see nothing to apologise for in the quality of your hand. The main thing is that it's consistent and neat, therefore easy to decipher.
More important yet is the subject matter and it appears that you have grasped the nature of that task perfectly.
I am enjoying this thread enormously.
:thumbs:
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

vulgalour

#75 Post by vulgalour » Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:23 pm

Yep, that all looks really logical and if the rest of the build is anything to go by you'll have no trouble making it a reality. I am continuing to enjoy your updates on this restoration, it's quite informative.

Mash

#76 Post by Mash » Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:01 pm

Sooo... it's been about 5 years, I'm sad to say that I haven't really made any progress other than slowly acquiring tools and creating space to help speed up the process when there's time. Marriage, a house and three kids has put this firmly on the back burner!

I have found time to build myself a workshop though, with the intention of bringing the Alvis to its new home possibly at some point this year!

Complete with double sided pit

JPB

#77 Post by JPB » Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:42 pm

Good to see you posting again, after your lengthy spell of life getting in the way of the project.
Please don't wait 'til your children are all grown up and have left home before we next read of your progress. ;)

I like the workshop, very impressive.
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops: