Bnicho's 1965 Morris Mini Traveller

Post pictures and stories about your cars both present and past. Also post up "blogs" on your restoration projects - the more pictures the better! Note: blog-type threads often get few replies, but are often read by many members, and provide interest and motivation to other enthusiasts so don't be disappointed if you don't get many replies.
bnicho

Bnicho's 1965 Morris Mini Traveller

#1 Post by bnicho » Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:00 am

This is my 1965 Morris Mini Traveller I call Trixie.

She started life in London as EYR.53C and was allegdly driven overland to signapore shortly after. Eventually she made her way to country Victoria where she was used as a daily, then eventually a field bomb. That's no way to treat a lady!!

I heard about her sitting there and went up and rescued her, for free! Her only rust is in the doors, but she has plenty of dents from her abuse on the farm.

I've always considered a Mk1 Traveller or Countryman the ultimate Mini so I was very pleased to get hold of one. No estate version of the classic Mini was ever sold in Aus, but there are maybe 30-50 that have been privately imported.

I'm planning to return Trixie to her factory white with the addition of a burgundy roof an wood kit. Inside will feature a red interior in orignial style. Drivetrain, brakes and wheels will be Mk1 Cooper S. So she will look stock bug go a lot better. :D

I'm ashamed to say I rescued this car in 2001 and I've basiaclly stripped it and started the bodywork. Several easier projects have leap-frogged this one. Hopefully later this year I'll get stuck into it.
Brett Nicholson
1965 Morris Mini Traveller - Trixie
1966 Austin Mini Super-Deluxe - Audrey
1969 Morris Mini Van - Desert Assault Van
1971 Morris Moke - Mopoke
1974 VW Super Beetle - Olive
2009 Nissan Pathfinder