V6 into a RHD Chrysler Neon mk1

Post pictures and stories about your cars both present and past. Also post up "blogs" on your restoration projects - the more pictures the better! Note: blog-type threads often get few replies, but are often read by many members, and provide interest and motivation to other enthusiasts so don't be disappointed if you don't get many replies.
rich.

Re: V6 into a RHD Chrysler Neon mk1(SHE LIVES!!! only just!)

#1311 Post by rich. » Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:19 pm

have you mot'd the old girl yet?

Mitsuru

#1312 Post by Mitsuru » Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:29 pm

still need to do electrics but too bloody cold and no shelter from the wind!
I'm Diabetic,& disabled BUT!! NOT DEAD YET!!

rich.

#1313 Post by rich. » Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:58 pm

:lol: its getting a bit parky out.. have you the space for a car port to protect it & work in?

Mitsuru

Re: V6 into a RHD Chrysler Neon mk1(ON HOLD)

#1314 Post by Mitsuru » Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:33 pm

This project is on hold for a few good reasons

TRANSPORT/MOBILITY
My brother had to sell his Land rover Discovery for parts as it needed too much work
to keep on the road and pass it's annual inspection.

So he has bought mother's car off her which I was on mother's insurance policy as a
named driver to to drive the Astra. My car insurance policy only covers the Neon and
therefore I am not covered to drive any other vehicle! I have checked and it cannot
be altered to include this! (one reason why it was cheap I suppose!)

Ergo I am unable to do thinks when I would be able to do them when health and
weather were good enough. And now impose on others for travel and their time to visit
scrapyards, auto parts store, and machine shops/custom parts manufacturers.

HEALTH
Due to a stomach bug, I have ad server hypos (sugar level crashes) with my diabetes!
Anybody who has had to deal with a person having such hypos, knows that those having
them don't think straight!

So dehydration, a hypo and trying to correct the problem ment too much sugar one stage.
With the extremities of the levels it is possibly the reason why a blood vessel inside my
good eye has burst. I have been to the eye infirmary at Sunderland. At this time there is
nothing they can do but wait until the bleeding stops and the blood dispurses. Once that
has happened they should be able to lazer the blood vessel to prevent any further damage.

The effect this burst blood vessel on my sight is dramatic to say the least! The only way of
describing it would be to imagine the eye as a hollow glass ball, the blood if in one place in
vision means nothing is seen. But if the eye is moved so that the pool of blood is moved to
a different area of the eye there is still the residue (like an oil slick) to try ans see through!

If I manage to keep my head fiked in a good spot the majority of my sight in that eye returns.
But it wouldn't take much to knock it back out of focus.

So working outside is a no go till this is sorted. I have purchased a bench top power supply for
working on car bits indoors with better light than in the garage(and warmer)
Looking at paper manual/books are a no go as black text on white back ground is the worst. On
my PC I have had to invert the colours with the text black backgrounds and bump up the size by
reducing the resolution.

I do try to keep online but if I'm not able to see well enough the PC is left switched on and
running for when I'm next able!

I have found a person who is breaking a mk1 manual Neon, so have sent the chap a list of parts.
My health may make it harder to finish but she will be eventually I hope!
I'm Diabetic,& disabled BUT!! NOT DEAD YET!!

zipgun

#1315 Post by zipgun » Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:34 pm

THAT'S BAD NEWS GET WELL SOON I typed it big so it was easier for you to see !

JPB

#1316 Post by JPB » Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:58 pm

zipgun wrote:THAT'S BAD NEWS GET WELL SOON I typed it big so it was easier for you to see !
Yes, what he says. ^^^^^

Here a thought; if you grope a copper's bum when your eyesight isn't working properly, does it still constitute an act of indecent assault?
Your mission, Aron, should you choose to accept it, is to research the above and report back here with your findings.
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

zipgun

#1317 Post by zipgun » Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:49 pm

rich.

#1318 Post by rich. » Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:16 am

get well soon mate... :D

kevin

#1319 Post by kevin » Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:07 am

I'm with zipgun, can you consider getting something drivable? Be a lot easier on you and your health than beating yourself up over unfinished projects?
Hope you feel a lot better really soon

Kev

arceye

#1320 Post by arceye » Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:42 pm

What they say and I hope you feel better soon, is the Neon worth all the pain given the complexity of the conversion, when you could get something like in the link below and then tinker with that.

You could still add LPG and fill your time with it I'm sure... and its only in Durham

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1988-CADILLAC ... 20f6160722

Whatever you do, get well soon