V6 into a RHD Chrysler Neon mk1

Post pictures and stories about your cars both present and past. Also post up "blogs" on your restoration projects - the more pictures the better! Note: blog-type threads often get few replies, but are often read by many members, and provide interest and motivation to other enthusiasts so don't be disappointed if you don't get many replies.
Mitsuru

Re: V6 into a RHD Chrysler Neon mk1

#1381 Post by Mitsuru » Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:33 pm

Next year I will be restarting on the Neon after the past 2 year's fiascos
I will be reinstating the Air Conditioning

Okay after some questions on varous forums.
I asked what the displacement of belt driven AC compressor. This turns out to be 13cc.
The spec sheet is copied at the bottom. For control I would use the same relay trigger used by the original Neon wiring setup to switch the signal for low setting of the compressor.

With prices prior to the container ship & shipping charges going up and up. And with the cost being lower on Alibaba for the pure 12v DC Powered electric AC Compressor at £250 plus £50 import Tax/Duty. The same product sold by other sellers outside Chine were between 4 & 5 times the price on other sales platforms like ebay.

The compressor was ordered & paid for on 31st of October 2021 and arrived today by Fedex

The package

Control connector

Beefy enough supply cables

The blow off valve or for high pressure switch?

The Compressor, Pipe connectors, Cable Connector Block, Mounting Bracket, Plug kit, Testing switch,

The testing switch the company supplied

The details

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/ ... 2fc2Q3kgS7

[media]https://rumble.com/vq49yf-unpacking-12v ... echno.html[/media]
I'm Diabetic,& disabled BUT!! NOT DEAD YET!!

Mitsuru

#1382 Post by Mitsuru » Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:46 pm

I've not been sitting idle while over the Christmas & New year period.
Managed to get a damn good deal on a brand new Air Con Condenser.They usually go for about £140 but got one for £43 delivered [yes brand new]. It was cheaper buying a Brand New Air Con Dryer from Rockauto from the USA, and paying for import tax on top. The UK sellers wanted more and the Dealers A LOT more. For some reason the stuff for the mk1 neon on rock auto has got extremely cheap f they have them in stock.

Although I was looking into a BMW 180 amp alternator. A chance screw up on a listing meant I manager to get a 160 amp 2005 TDI Voyager Alternator for £20 shipped. The casing is slightly different but wiring isn't. So I will be looking to either alter it or swap the guts out with a spare Neon alternator which is sitting somewhere in the depths of the shed at my parent's.

I've been buying up some spares from ebay when the seller screws up the listing giving free Shipping.
A set of indicator & windshield wiper stalks. Matching pair of electric wing mirrors. Both airbags. Window switches.

Mitsuru

#1383 Post by Mitsuru » Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:27 am

Well I just added anther tool to the arsenal for fixing the car.
I'm going to attempt 3d scanning & 3d printing of some of the car parts such as interior trim.
Creality Ender 3 direct from them with a roll of black filament £164 all in including shipping.
Now I just need a place to put it! lol