Rover 420 project

Post pictures and stories about your cars both present and past. Also post up "blogs" on your restoration projects - the more pictures the better! Note: blog-type threads often get few replies, but are often read by many members, and provide interest and motivation to other enthusiasts so don't be disappointed if you don't get many replies.
mach1rob

Rover 420 project

#1 Post by mach1rob » Mon May 23, 2011 9:12 pm

OK, so not a classic, but these are becoming rarer as the months progress, what was once a common sight, many befell the HGF incidents of the K series, this one being slightly special as most were just normal GSi's this is a GSi Executive! (OK so it got leather and electric rear windows over the standard GSi). I've now owned this car three times, it first came to me when a mate bought my old Vitesse and I took this in a part ex, smoked around in it for a while before selling it to another mate, who managed to break it, so it ended up back with me. After sitting around for a while, another mate bought it to use on a banger rally, but before he picked it up, promptly had a hissy fit and blew an oil seal. It then went back to my mate who had it off me originally as he liked it so much, he decided to fix it, but with things as they are, and his taxi needing repairs it sat under a tree for several months, before I got asked if I wanted it back before he sent it for scrap, so, rude to refuse, I find myself with it back again.

As it first appeared to me some 5-6 years ago

When it came back the first time

And how it looks after being dragged out from under the tree

I know this could be back and sorted in less than a week, needs head gasket changing due to a slight weep from front corner, permanently sorted with a MLS gasket, a water pump, along with some metal coolant pipes, and rear brakes rebuilding, but will I have the enthusiasm???? Watch this space!