Cadillac Eldorado

Post pictures and stories about your cars both present and past. Also post up "blogs" on your restoration projects - the more pictures the better! Note: blog-type threads often get few replies, but are often read by many members, and provide interest and motivation to other enthusiasts so don't be disappointed if you don't get many replies.
jagdude

Re: Cadillac Eldorado

#11 Post by jagdude » Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:49 pm

Mrotwoman wrote:An update now I've had the time to look at it,it's not a carb :oops: (it certainly looked like one at a brief glimpse) but throttle body injection,with 2 injectors ... and the stalling issue certainly seems to have been because of a fuel filter that was well past it's prime.
I should have mentioned this before, but if your car has one of the tiny filters I was referring to you I suggest that you install a larger after-market unit. My filter was so small that one less-than-pristine fill-up would clog it again. Glad you resolved the problem wither way!!!

Jim

Mrotwoman
Location: We're gonna have a breakdance party,breakdance all night long.

#12 Post by Mrotwoman » Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:59 pm

OneCarefulOwner wrote:Glad you've got it sorted. Inspired by you, I've bought an Oldsmobile which ran great guns for 200 miles, then conked out; closest approximation I could think of was fuel evaporation, but it turned out to be coilpacks - I should have recognised it, I've had an overheating coil in an Allegro before ;) Still, that caused issues after just 5 miles!
Inspired by me? You f*ckin' nutter! :lol:

Pictures ,more info please ?
Have you forgotten that once we were brought here we were robbed of our names,robbed of our language,we lost our religion,our culture,our God? And many of us by the way we act,we even lost our minds.

OneCarefulOwner

#13 Post by OneCarefulOwner » Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:25 pm

1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Coupe, 2.8 V6 with the FWD gearbox (W-body platform). "Inspired" in the sense of considering a more modern but imported car to fulfil my "large brood" requirement (see General Chat); yay for 3+3 seating! :D

Pictures will be forthcoming when I collect it from Paragon MoT in Northampton, which is as close as I got to home ;) All I have at the moment are the FleaBay auction pics (which aren't representative, but in a good way!)
…that's why Allegro will look as good 5 years from now as it does today.
If I was allowed a sigpic, this would be it
Twitter | Blog | DropBox

Mrotwoman

#14 Post by Mrotwoman » Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:16 pm

Sounds great,can't wait to see the pics :D
Have you forgotten that once we were brought here we were robbed of our names,robbed of our language,we lost our religion,our culture,our God? And many of us by the way we act,we even lost our minds.

rich.

#15 Post by rich. » Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:11 am

what inspired you to buy a caddy?

Mrotwoman

#16 Post by Mrotwoman » Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:25 pm

Hard drugs.

...that and watching far too many hip-hop videos.

rich.

#17 Post by rich. » Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:21 pm

damn!! thats not an excuse i can use when i want to buy a caddy :lol: :lol:

TerryG

#18 Post by TerryG » Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:47 pm

You could always say you want to re-enact carmageddon
(Caddy Fat Cat)
Understeer: when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
Oversteer: when you hit the wall with the back of the car.
Horsepower: how fast you hit the wall.
Torque: how far you take the wall with you.

JPB

#19 Post by JPB » Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:53 pm

rich. wrote:damn!! thats not an excuse i can use when i want to buy a caddy :lol: :lol:
I thought you were a builder, surely you don't need an excuse to buy a Caddy, like this one:

Plenty space for your tools and materials in there though, mmm, practical! :oops:
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

Mrotwoman

#20 Post by Mrotwoman » Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:55 pm

That's rather tasty,I do like those VW Caddys when they're all jazzed up.