Lada Niva 1.7i Monopoint Fuel Pump & ECU

Post details on wanted items here. Remember to indicate your location if it's not in your profile. Please - don't post to "bump" your (or anyone else's) thread, gratuitous bumps and unrelated posts will be deleted.
Zelandeth

Lada Niva 1.7i Monopoint Fuel Pump & ECU

#1 Post by Zelandeth » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:41 pm

Okay, I know PC has a few Lada fans, so hopefully someone has some of this stuff rattling around in a parts box somewhere.

Having cannibalised one of these for its fuel system and then grafted that onto my Riva (yes, it is nearly as easy as it sounds), I discovered that the fuel pump from the donor vehicle is dead. Seized solid. No amount of soaking in petrol, penetrating oil, diesel, diesel mixed with penetrating oil...or my usual last ditch "it'll either shift it or dissolve it" acetone/ATF mixture and combinations of both swearing at it and percussive maintenance have produced any signs of life.

Currently I've got an in-line pump in place, but it's less than ideal.

So...does anyone have an in-tank pump from a fuel injected Niva floating around?

It's not critical really - just would be nice to find as it would allow me to finish things off far more tidily - the intention always having been with this to make it look as much as though it had left the factory with the kit fitted as possible...and this is a good way to minimise joins in the fuel system, which is always desirable.

From memory, the monopoint GM TBi system was fitted to the 1.7 Nivas from 1995 to 1998 when they stopped imports. I don't know for certain if it was used in other territories beyond those dates prior to the later introduction of the multipoint injection system (which we never got here because the inlet manifold position precludes it being fitted to right hand drive vehicles as the steering box is in the way).

The same system was apparently fitted to Rivas in the Scandinavian counties (on the same 1.7 engine as the Niva) and possibly in Canada (I've not been able to confirm that as yet), but I figure the UK is a more sensible place to start looking!

Also looking for an ECU for the same vehicle. Mine works...except for the Check Engine light output. Apparently this is quite a common issue for these ECUs and it's probably never worked since the donor vehicle left the factory...Again, I'd like to have that sorted. Especially come MOT time!